latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Where is the Customer Forum?

Home Forums Community Forum Where is the Customer Forum?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Christian 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Sep 7th, 2013 at 4:39 pm #59240

Hello,

I’m a Customer.

And now I cannot find the Customer Support forums.

Customer Support Forums
Priority support from s2Member® Support Reps.
http://www.s2member.com/forums/forum/customers/

I am logged in and when I try to go to the Customer forums I get a page not found error.

Thank you for your help getting better (faster) support.

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Sep 8th, 2013 at 8:24 am #59252
Manni01
Username: Manni01

I understand it has been merged with the standard forum recently, you might want use the customer contact form for direct support,

Posted: Wednesday Sep 18th, 2013 at 7:59 am #59656
Tom
Username: halasyt

I was looking for the customer forum as well…
By the look of things, the questions in the newly merged forum aren’t getting answered by s2 any more. What’s going on?
Is this the end of s2member?

Posted: Saturday Sep 28th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #59980
Mo
Username: boldplans

Impossible to find the answers to questions either. The old search is gone, replaced by standard users search. Guys… what is happening to this great plugin?

Posted: Monday Sep 30th, 2013 at 3:27 am #59999
Christian
Username: ilanddk

Same experience. There is no post-sale support except a forum where not all questions are answered. Considering the earnings of this popular solution this must be a priority.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.