latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Why use S2Member instead of BuddyPress

Home Forums Community Forum Why use S2Member instead of BuddyPress

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 12:58 pm #20921

So, I went ahead and started with S2Member, created all my profile questions, etc. Only to find out, it is not a searchable membership database. In order to do this, I activated BuddyPress. But, now I have to create a entire new website and all new profile questions.

…so, what is the point of S2Member with BuddyPress? Why would you need S2Member? Is it now just for the PayPal integration?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 1st, 2012 at 4:06 pm #20933
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Amanda,

BuddyPress allows you to have forum and a community I believe. And s2Member allows you to choose what content is available to members depending on the level they have.

Hope this answers your question. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.