latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Will BUY Pro if Registration (?) is Answered!

Home Forums Community Forum Will BUY Pro if Registration (?) is Answered!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 29th, 2013 at 3:28 pm #48663

Hi,

I have been struggling for a few days on what is probably a very simple solution. My website is: http://www.Prizable.com I made a custom registration form, and I entered the following short code [s2Member-Profile /] into my page titled “Sign Up for Free!” but I can not see the registration form when I am logged OUT of the site. For example, when I am testing the site as a new user, this page is blank. Do you have any idea why this is and how I can make the form visible for new members to fill out and register for our site? Thank you so much!!

~Janelle

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 5:02 pm #48821
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Janelle,

Could you please clarify what page/form it is that your users can’t see without being registered/logged in? Thanks!

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 12:32 am #48985

Hi Eduan,

I really, really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. Yes, the form that they cannot see when they are logged in is the registration form. I went into the “General Options” and from there I filled out every section and when I came to the section titled “Registration/Profile Fields & Options” I added all of the fields that I needed for registgering on our site: http://www.Prizable.com, and then I copied and pasted the following short code [s2Member-Profile /] onto my page in our menu titled “Sign up for free” and I can see the form perfectly as the administrator, but when I log out the page is blank. Therefore, I have no place within my site to get people to sign up for a simple account/username, etc.

THANK YOU (in advance) for your help on this!

~Janelle

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 12:46 am #48991

Further clarification, I got this short code from the section in s2Member called “Member Profiled Modifications” where the following paragraph explains that I can insert the shortcode into ANY page:

It explains:

So instead of using this default Profile Editing Panel; s2Member creates an added layer of functionality, on top of WordPress®. It does this by providing you (as the site owner), with a special Shortcode: [s2Member-Profile /] that you can place into your Login Welcome Page, or any Post/Page for that matter (even into a Text Widget). This Shortcode produces an Inline Profile Editing Form that supports all aspects of s2Member, including Password changes; and any Custom Registration/Profile Fields that you’ve configured with s2Member.

Thank you again, in advance, for helping this form to be visible to people who are logged out or not signed up for an account yet.

~Janelle

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 11:44 am #49021
Eduan

Hello Janelle,

The problem here is that this shortcode is not meant to work with non-logged-in users. This shortcode is to modify/see an already existing account. If the user is not logged in this shortcode does not have the info to generate output, thus it doesn’t work.

Your users would register using the buttons generated under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons in order to pay for access. And if you want to offer your access for free your users would have to access the page under http://www.domain.com/wp-login.php?action=register.

Hope this helps. :)
– Eduan

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 1:46 pm #49131

Eduan,

You’re a genius! Thank you so much for solving this “mystery” for me. I really appreciate your time as a volunteer moderator.

~Janelle

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 4:26 pm #49219
Eduan

Glad I was able to help Janelle. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.