latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Will s2 work for this senerio?

Home Forums Community Forum Will s2 work for this senerio?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 5:56 pm #38702
Michael
Username: echoca

I’ve a community site and I want to sell access to pages with forms (gravity Forms). We have events, classifieds and business listings. The first two are free to post for members (subscribers) but the listings are sold on a monthly subscription (paypal) or yearly (paypal checks) plus banner ads are sold. I would like to add premium event/classified (plus add a real estate section) postings in the future if I can set up the listings as I need. So what I want to know is if the following can happen.

1)After a customer hits the pay wall and wins I would like to redirect (or email a link) to a form based on the chosen option. I’d like the link to the form to expire in say 24-48 hours.

2)The big question is can I have the submitted post be attached to the length of the chosen terms (date) and expire (draft) the post at EOT or canceling subscription.

I’m sure some how this can be done but maybe someone has a better approach for me to take.
I like that I can do is (hopefully with out to much trouble reading the docs) import my existing paypal subs to handle the ipn stuff for me (I’ve only a few but want to make it seamless for those customers).

I hope I am not to vague. I would be happy to elaborate a little more.
I may not need the pro version but will pay your asking price to support your venture.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 6:53 pm #38727
Michael

Oh sorry I see my answer below. I guess this needs custom coding. :(

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:41 am #39172
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

Though s2Member does not support functionality to allow users to post, if you have this functionality set up, you can use s2Member to provide access to these forms.

In the case that you would like to allow users to post listings, I would recommend using Specific Post/Page Access Pro Forms. This way, you can have users pay for access to a Post or Page with your form to create a listing.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons
In s2Member Pro: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Forms

Things like how long the listing will be available will need to be set up outside of s2Member. However, s2Member does give have many ways for you to decide what a user’s post should have.

For instance, you might take find when the user paid for their listing, and use that to decide how long the listing should be available. Get the user’s previous payment times with:

get_user_field ("s2member_last_payment_time");

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 1:18 pm #39192
Michael

Thank you for the reply. Yes I believe I can set up what I want with some simple checks before displaying posts and hide those who need payment.

So with Pro Forms can I create a post (cpt) with it? Also can I use (save to) custom field meta with Pro Forms?
I guess I’m wondering will it do (mostly) what my Gravity Forms do?

Any 2013 s2member coupons kicking around? Is there anyway to find out who the “You were referred by Affiliate ID:XXXX” is? I might rather know who I was giving the kudos to.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 7:00 pm #39248
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

So with Pro Forms can I create a post (cpt) with it? Also can I use (save to) custom field meta with Pro Forms?
I guess I’m wondering will it do (mostly) what my Gravity Forms do?

s2Member’s Pro Forms are not meant to provide this functionality. Pro Forms are payment gateway specific, and are meant to receive payment the same way PayPal Buttons do in the s2Member Framework.

Any functionality with saving/creating posts will need to be done outside of s2Member. However, s2Member can provide restriction for the Posts/Pages that these forms are on.

Any 2013 s2member coupons kicking around? Is there anyway to find out who the “You were referred by Affiliate ID:XXXX” is? I might rather know who I was giving the kudos to.

I’m unaware of any coupons currently in effect.

We also do not have a public database of the affiliates by ID available, sorry.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 7:16 pm #39254
Michael

Ok I will make this purchase.

I would like to suggest some sort of afliate look up. Some people’s reviews recommendations are much better then others. If someone gets a kick back from me buying this it should be you Bruce. I searched for a coupon code before I asked and want to make sure that I did not pick up my affiliate cookie from one of those spam looking sites that come up when you search “s2member coupon”.

I will delete the cookie and visit my account to purchase.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 23rd, 2013 at 11:12 pm #39278
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your purchase!

I would like to suggest some sort of afliate look up.

I’ll send this as a recommendation to our development team.

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. :-)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.