latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Will S2Member be able to do this strategy?

Home Forums Community Forum Will S2Member be able to do this strategy?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:33 am #17284

Hi S2M

I have been searching high an low for a long time for a membership plugin for WP that can help me do the following – And this is my Pre-Sale questions:

1: I have draw up a level-strategy that I need please see this “home made drawing” :-)

http://www.bizplanet.dk/filer/membership-strategy.pdf

I hope the file can explain it self (see legend and criteria below the drawing).
Basic: It’s important to my that I can have diff. groups and many levels and each level can buy access to different modules (a module could be a training session on GoToMeeting or a 4-6 week dripping video school?)
Also ONE forum and EVENT Calendar that respect each level/group a sort of hierarchy.

2: This issue/ question is translation – I need Danish (da_dk) and NO google translations “on the fly” bad grammar! I understand by searching your forums and FAQ that S2m does support .po .mo files (Poedit) but do you have a Danish translation a actually da_dk.po file? to offer or is it left to every customer?

3:
I am comparing S2M with WishList (Support, features, dripping and it has to support my business strategy (see drawing)). The price is also a bit different WL 297$ S2M 129$ – ?? Do you have a compare sheet?
WL has a lot of dripping and membership strategy – Can S2M do the same or more?

Best regards

Peter

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:58 am #17285

Hi – I just remembered one more thing!!

Does S2M support a “Shop” inside… Membership merchandise :-)
Selling a branded t-shirt, cup or maybe some other services/products – Credit card / Paypal or both?
Taking payment for a event?

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 8:09 pm #17316

Hi Peter.

I hope the file can explain it self (see legend and criteria below the drawing).
Basic: It’s important to my that I can have diff. groups and many levels and each level can buy access to different modules (a module could be a training session on GoToMeeting or a 4-6 week dripping video school?)
Also ONE forum and EVENT Calendar that respect each level/group a sort of hierarchy.

If I understand your model correctly, I think you can achieve it with s2Member. It will need a bit of customization for some parts, but I think they are possible.

In s2Member you have level and custom capabilities to control access. Levels give incremental access (unless you edit them with something like the User Role Editor) and, since they are WP roles, the user can have only one level at a time. Custom capabilities (ccaps) give more freedom. Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

With the conditionals, shortcode or PHP, you can do advanced stuff to show the content or not based on the level or ccap. You can either have these in hacks that use a hook, or inside the post’s body.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]
Video » s2Member (Advanced Conditionals)

About the forum, calendar, store, you can use the s2Member URI restriction to control access to these as long as they are being served by WordPress. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

s2Member includes a bbPress integration, but the URI restriction will help for more advanced control. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Integrations -› bbPress®[/hilite]

2: This issue/ question is translation – I need Danish (da_dk) and NO google translations “on the fly” bad grammar! I understand by searching your forums and FAQ that S2m does support .po .mo files (Poedit) but do you have a Danish translation a actually da_dk.po file? to offer or is it left to every customer?

No, we don’t have translation files. If a user shared his translation in the forums, then there it is, but we haven’t created a repository for these yet.

3: I am comparing S2M with WishList (Support, features, dripping and it has to support my business strategy (see drawing)). The price is also a bit different WL 297$ S2M 129$ – ?? Do you have a compare sheet?
WL has a lot of dripping and membership strategy – Can S2M do the same or more?

No, we don’t have a comparison sheet, but from what I know (what I can ready in their site without having an account myself), s2Member Pro you pay once, not yearly, and costs quite a bit less. I don’t know if WL will allow you to set up the model you want.

I know WL has dripping that seems easy to set up, but I don’t know how advanced it is. From what I understand, rather than dripping the content, what it does is change the user’s role incrementally, which gives access to more content. This may not be convenient for the model you want, since you have several separate things to restrict access to, independent of the others.

You can drip content with s2Member, although it doesn’t have an interface for it. You’d use conditions in your posts or hacks, to show the content or not. You could even do the role drips with a hack if that worked for you. I think that using the conditions will enable you to have more control over the drips. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping[/hilite]

s2Member has its code open, it’s not locked as WL’s, so you can work with it to create your customizations. We have a codex and the code has plenty of hooks you can use in your hacks. s2Member® » Codex (Source Code Docs)

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.