latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

wishing

Home Forums Community Forum wishing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 23rd, 2013 at 2:14 am #56532

three for the wishlist here.
1. create a special “wishlist forum” only accessible by customers, I have been looking for it but could not find a special “forum” for this on s2member.

2. One special feature for the “more” tag. Once sombody wants to read beyond the more tag they are asked to put a “like” on social media.

3. (i asked for this before) I would like a post to be protected after (X) number of days. My $0.02 about this is that one can add a date in the s2member widget on the post/page editor when the post has to be protected.
This way I can make the post/page accessible for search engine robots and still maintain a protection level without having to go through all posts/articles/pages after one or two days.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 8:39 am #58848

Thanks for the ideas! :)

About the FB “like”, this plugin may help: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wplike2get/

Regarding bots, search engines will drop those pages from the results next time it crawls the site and can’t access them. For SEO it’s better to use a conditional to show SE optimized text to those without access and the paid content to those who do. Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 10:08 am #58854

Tx Christian,
I just found a golden nugget that makes it possible to determine whether the visitor is a regular one or a crawler.
take a look here: http://www.cult-f.net/detect-crawlers-with-php/ I am not sure yet how to use this but I certainly will play with it.

Posted: Thursday Aug 29th, 2013 at 11:08 pm #58870

Ah, that’s cool. Just remember that search engines (e.g. Google) don’t approve you giving their bot one content and the visitors another for the same page. Also, your content will be in the search engine’s cache, so your private content will be public there.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.