latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wishlist for future plugin updates

Home Forums Community Forum Wishlist for future plugin updates

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:23 am #43325

Hi guys, love the pro-plugin…. I noticed that you’re rolling out updates now very frequent, that’s good. But here’s a couple requests that would make updating to new plugin versions smoother for those of us that have customizations hardcoded…

[1] /includes/templates/forms/
There’s 4 files that have “Username (lowercase letters and/or numbers)” and “Password (type this twice please)” text… I have customized that message (hardcoded)… would be nice if there were a field in the backend (or a file with a global variable that would allow me to specify that once and not have to update this each time you publish a new version). If not specified, it could use the text what you currently have.

Also, there’s a link to “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_security_code” – again, I have my own page, so it would be nice if I could set that to whatever URL I choose to (without having to change the hardcoded link each time)

[2] /includes/templates/forms/authnet-registration-form.php
/includes/templates/forms/paypal-registration-form.php

There’s one instance in each file with “%%opt_in%%
I have added custom text

<p>Once you click the SUBMIT FORM button, it may take up to 90 seconds to create your account. <b>Do not click the button again</b> during processing.</p>

before that… any chance you could setup a custom field for this in the backend?

[3] /includes/classes/gateways/paypal/paypal-checkout-in.inc.php
There’s four instances of

$paypal["STREET"] = $post_vars["street"];
$paypal["CITY"] = $post_vars["city"];
$paypal["STATE"] = $post_vars["state"];
$paypal["COUNTRYCODE"] = $post_vars["country"];
$paypal["ZIP"] = $post_vars["zip"];

that I updated to

$paypal["STREET"] = $post_vars["street"];
$paypal["CITY"] = $post_vars["city"];
$paypal["STATE"] = $post_vars["state"];
$paypal["COUNTRYCODE"] = $post_vars["country"];
$paypal["ZIP"] = $post_vars["zip"];
$paypal["SHIPTONAME"] = $post_vars["name"];
$paypal["SHIPTOSTREET"] = $post_vars["street"];
$paypal["SHIPTOCITY"] = $post_vars["city"];
$paypal["SHIPTOSTATE"] = $post_vars["state"];
$paypal["SHIPTOCOUNTRY"] = $post_vars["country"];
$paypal["SHIPTOCOUNTRYCODE"] = $post_vars["country"];
$paypal["SHIPTOZIP"] = $post_vars["zip"];

to deal with Paypal Pro shipping addresses (discussed here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-pro-forms-shipping-address/) – can you bake that part into your regular code so I don’t have to deal with this every time you update the plugin?

Let me know!
Thanks,
Uli

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 8:58 am #43469

Hi Uli.

The pro-form templates you can copy to your theme folder. Please read this article for more details on that: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Pro Forms » Customize

About the other source file, you can make a copy of it and place it in your /wp-content/mu-plugins/ directory. Remember that if an update makes changes to that file, you’ll need to apply them manually to your customized copy.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:05 am #43470

Christian,
thanks for your reply… but it doesn’t really help… if I move files into the /mu-plugins/ or any other theme folder, I would still need to update them with the new code. So, same thing what I am doing right now.

What really would help is a list of changed files for each update, so that I would have the option to only copy the changed files. But I don’t see that you do provide that information currently.

Uli

Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 9:50 am #43482

if I move files into the /mu-plugins/ or any other theme folder, I would still need to update them with the new code.

No. If you make a copy of the pro-form templates to your active theme’s directory, those files won’t be touched when you update s2Member. If you make a copy of paypal-checkout-in.inc.php to your must-use plugins directory, that won’t be touched when you update s2Member.

I’ll tell Jason about the list of modified files on update. But even without it, you could make a diff between versions of the files, using something like ExamDiff. http://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.