latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

wp-ecommerce with s2member

Home Forums Community Forum wp-ecommerce with s2member

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Donn Trent 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:53 am #11069

I have trialled the paypal buttons process but my client would prefer a shopping cart routine (because) the sales are not stored on the website but in paypal.

I can implement wp-ecommerce by (forcing) the users to create an account first – no problem – but is there an interaction from paypal at the end of the transaction to upgrade the member to a “paid account” – from level 0 to level 2, 3, 4, 5 etc

For example, the way YOUR site handles the purchase process – what is THAT system?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:16 pm #11161

Hi Donn.

Well, you could try customizing the wp-ecommerce checkout so that you change the user’s role at the end to one of the s2Member ones, then you can use s2Member to manage his access to the content with it.

This article may come handy: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 7:26 pm #11169

Thank you for your assistance. I think I am being ‘forced’ away from s2member because there’s no real record of what the customer purchased, and for how much.

It also relies heavily on paypal to send emails reciepts etc, which kills the site branding

the membership control is good, the protected files good, but the sales management process is really quite lacking, unless I have been missing something.

Donn

Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 11:24 pm #11186

Yeah, that’s definitely something that needs improvement, and it’s one of the main things we’re improving right now in the coming major release Jason is developing. We had hoped to have it ready for early April, but it’s a big project and it’s taking a few more weeks, but it’s coming.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:27 pm #11784

How will you be announcing this release? Any further updates?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:19 pm #11794

how far away is this release?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.