latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

/wp-login.php?action=register

Home Forums Community Forum /wp-login.php?action=register

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 7:02 am #36958
Conor D
Username: conordal

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 6:11 am #37115
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Very interesting. I’ve not heard this before. Can you please post a link?
Also, can you reproduce this with only WordPress/s2Member? That is, the default theme, no other plugins.

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:24 pm #37145
Staff Member
Four other duplicate topics regarding this same issue, posted by you, have been removed from the forum. Please ask your question one time and await a response from a Support Rep or myself. We’ll be happy to help.

I noticed in one of the duplicate topics you posted, that you said you were running WordPress in Multisite Mode. Is that correct? If problems persist, please submit a Dashboard login for us, and we’ll run diagnostics on your installation. However, please make sure this installation is running ONLY WordPress/s2Member, using the default WordPress theme. This way we can make an attempt to reproduce the bug you’re reporting.

Please submit your Dashboard login details here privately.
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 1:11 pm #37598
Conor D

wp-login.php?action=register is not working in safari its working ok in chrome and firefox. Also when a user purchases a subscription it is not creating a new site for them, only registering them as a member. I have sent you login details

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 1:43 pm #37613
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

Investigating now.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 2:25 pm #37622
Conor D

ok thanks, ive tried and tried to get it to create new blog for users after payment but nothing works.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 2:28 pm #37623
Conor D

basically, (blogtemp) site is my template site and (register) is the page I was going to use list the signup buttons.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 2:29 pm #37624
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

OK. The site that you submitted privately is NOT a clean installation of WordPress. You have many others plugins running there, along with a custom theme. This makes it difficult for you, or for us, to narrow this down to the s2Member plugin as the underlying cause of the bug you are reporting. I suggest that you create a new test installation of WordPress and make an effort to reproduce the bug under a default installation of WordPress (only s2Member/s2Member Pro), and running a default WP theme please.

I did take a quick look to see if I could reproduce the issue you reported; where you wrote:

wp-login.php?action=register is not working in safari its working ok in chrome and firefox.

I tested in Firefox, Chrome (you said these are working). I concur. I also tested in Safari, but I was unable to reproduce the issue that you mentioned. Please let us know if there is something more we need to do, in order to reproduce the bug you’re reporting. Thanks!

Also when a user purchases a subscription it is not creating a new site for them, only registering them as a member. I have sent you login details

Your account status here at s2Member.com shows me that you’ve purchased a Single-Site License for s2Member Pro. In order to obtain supporting documentation, along with our assistance with a Multisite Blog Farm installation, you will need to upgrade your account to a Network Support License please.

What you’re trying to accomplish with a new site being created upon registration, falls under what we consider to be a Multisite Blog Farm. Please see: http://www.s2member.com/terms/#s2-terms-blog-farming

You can upgrade your account by following this link:
https://www.s2member.com/network-support-co/?s2-ssl=yes
(please update this ticket once your account has been upgraded and I will assist you)

You can learn more about the different licensing options here:
http://www.s2member.com/prices/

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 2:40 pm #37626
Conor D

Hi Jason I appreciate your assistance, i have no problem upgrading my licence for this if it works as my intended plan. At the moment its not working at all.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #37631
Conor D

I cannot upgrade knowing it dosnt work with my current setup. I have tried deactivating all the other plugins but it sill wont allow users to create there own blog.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 3:41 pm #37638
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Have you tested this against a clean installation of WordPress yet?

With that many plugins, there is a good chance for conflicts to occur. It’s very difficult to pinpoint this and say “Oh, it’s s2Member!”, without having tried this on a clean installation first. I understand your concern about upgrading if what you have in the free version is not functioning properly. However, we’ll need to reproduce the bug you’re reporting on a clean installation before we can continue this topic with you.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:03 pm #37644
Conor D

Ok, I have installed a fresh blog using the twenty twelve theme, disabld all plugins configured s2member with paypal, and on check out it says this

ERROR: Unable to verify $_POST vars.
Please contact Support for assistance.

This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility. If you are the site owner, and you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.

s2Member uses the WP_Http class for remote connections; which will try to use cURL first, and then fall back on the FOPEN method when cURL is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your cURL extension; and instead, set allow_url_fopen = yes in your php.ini file. The cURL extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.

Please see this thread for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:13 pm #37648
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

May I please see the s2Member Shortcode that was used to originate the purchase? Please verify that you have the following shortcode attribute, and that it matches up with your new installation domain name.

custom="www.example.com" (this MUST match up with your installation domain)

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:24 pm #37654
Conor D

here it is

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.feedbackappreciated.net" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="D" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 5:01 pm #37664
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

Your shortcode contains: custom="www.feedbackappreciated.net". That matches up with the previous installation that you sent over. Does this also match up with the new test installation that you’ve setup?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 5:05 pm #37666
Conor D

yes its a fresh new site on feedbackappreciated.net
the site is titled (fresh). Should I change the link to read http://www.feedbackappreciated.net/fresh ?

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 2:25 pm #37818
Conor D

What shall I do Jason?

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:59 pm #37914
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

yes its a fresh new site on feedbackappreciated.net
the site is titled (fresh). Should I change the link to read http://www.feedbackappreciated.net/fresh ?

No, what you have is correct from what I’m seeing here.
You should have custom="www.feedbackappreciated.net". s2Member will automatically put this in for you, whenever you generate a Payment Button and/or Pro Form shortcode in the Dashboard of this new test site.

I tried to take a look at your log files on the test installation, but it seems we don’t have access. Please submit a Dashboard login for this clean test installation and we’ll run diagnostics for you again.

Please see: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 3:24 pm #37926
Conor D

Ok thanks, ive sent you the login details.

Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 3:45 pm #38169
Conor D

Hi Jason, I really need to get this working asap, its holding up our development with the site. Can you please advise on how to resolve this issue. thanks

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #38317
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience Conor.

~ Details received. Investigating now.

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 3:36 pm #38322
Staff Member

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 4:40 pm #38335
Conor D

sent the ftp to you there let me know if it all ok. ta

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 5:08 pm #38338
Staff Member

Details received again. Still the same issue.

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 6:23 pm #38346
Conor D

Hi Jason I sent you admin details.

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 10:26 pm #38368
Staff Member

Details received again. Still the same issue.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.