latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

WP Multisite S2MemberPro for parent site only

Home Forums Community Forum WP Multisite S2MemberPro for parent site only

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #19664

I’ve been using the free version of S2Member to support my site where people can sign up and pay a monthly fee to have a sub-site using WordPress Multi Site.

Everything has worked beautifully, but now I’m ready to upgrade to S2MemberPro. I’d like to have S2MemberPro run my site, but not necessarily allow the sub-sites access to the Pro version (I’d like them to pay for themselves to upgrade to Pro if they want it). I understand that I can buy the Multi Site License and grant everyone access to Pro, but I doubt any of my customers will ever need the Pro version so I’d rather just pay for the single site license since that’s all I need it for and grant them access to the free version so they can choose.

My question is this: Can I buy a single site license for my parent site without granting the sub-sites access to the Pro version? I figure, if the plugin requires a license each time it’s installed to gain access to the Pro version then the sub-sites won’t have that license and will be required to purchase their own license if they want the Pro version. Am I correct?

Thanks,
Shane

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 22nd, 2012 at 4:06 am #19923
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

Regarding multisite networks…

If you’re going to make s2Member available to child blogs of a network, that will automatically require a Multisite Network Support License from us, so just to be clear on that point. You can read the details here if you like: http://www.s2member.com/prices/

Regarding s2Member Pro on child blogs. If you’re running s2Member Pro, then all child blogs will have access to Pro features, regardless of configuration. That is, unless you integrate custom code.

Prices/licensing for this aspect of your offering, is not something you need to worry about (as far as we’re concerned, this is up to you). That is, YOU will need a Multisite Network Support License from us, and then your child blogs can run the free and/or Pro version in whatever way you make possible for them to do so. If you’d like to charge your child blog owners an extra fee for access to Pro features, you might implement an s2Member Filter like the example you see below.

Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-pro-conditionally.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.