latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

WP Super Cache issue

Home Forums Community Forum WP Super Cache issue

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 3:41 am #21858
Rob Reid
Username: RobReid

I was just setting up S2 Member WordPress plugin and testing it with a £3 2 day payment.

I have a category that I have added to the list of category ID’s that should be blocked (level 1 or above)

This is the category that posts are added to that are only available to members.

However on testing I found that I could access this category in the main menu even when I wasn’t logged in.

I had multiple browsers open at the time – logged in as admin in Chrome and testing in IE 9.

I then turned WP Super Cache OFF and the menu item then worked – e.g redirected to the membership options page.

I turned WP Super Cache ON and it worked again but I am unsure whether this is just because the page is now cached or not.

Obviously I want some caching for speed etc but not at the cost of people accessing members only content.

I am on a work network (shared IP addresses) so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it.

I have read that this plugin works with WP Super Cache AND Quick Cache but I have found issues with Quick Cache and other plugins before and WP Super Cache has support for the WP Touch plugin that allows iPhone/smart phone display etc.

Am I being paranoid or is there a problem that needs sorting and what is the best way of resolving it.

Thanks in advance for any help

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:45 am #21882
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Rob,

Well first I would deactivate object caching I believe it’s called, that is known to cause errors with WordPress.

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 7:24 pm #21921
Rob Reid

Hi how do I turn off Object Caching?

Is that a WordPress or Super Cache setting as I cannot see it in Super Cache?

I am trying to restrict a category e.g “Members Info” that I have put in the main menu and added the category ID to the list of restricted IDs.

I tried in Super Cache the following
-not caching category pages
-not caching posts
-not caching posts with querystrings
-not serving super cache pages to known users
-turning it off altogether

But I was still getting problems. Obviously I want the site to run fast and I am using Widget Cache and a static homepage to help but I already have my first member complaining about not being able to access the content he should be able to.

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 9:30 pm #21941
Eduan

That’s a WP Super Cache option, if it doesn’t have it then it’s OK.

Could you please repeat what your problem is? Cause I’m a little lost. thanks. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 11:30 pm #21946
Rob Reid

I think I have fixed it.

I had 4 membership levels 1-4 daily to yearly subscriptions.

In the category restriction section for each level I had put all the IDs of the categories I wanted to block.

Therefore when someone signed up for the monthly (3rd tier) they were not getting to see the category I was restricting because they didn’t belong to the 4th (yearly) tier.

I have moved all the IDs for all the categories down to tier/level one and now it seems to work with Super Cache on.

Thanks for your help! Ive been up all night trying to sort this and got work in an hour!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 10:08 am #21997
Eduan

OK Rob,

So basically the problem was that the restrictions weren’t setup correctly right? If so, yeah you gotta watch out for little things like that, but it happens to the best of us. ;)

Glad you were able to solve your problem. :)

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 4:32 am #22056
Rob Reid

Yes seems so!

I also had an issue with the Jetpack plugin WordPress are pushing in that I added a “subscribe to posts” sidebar widget
but then found that all posts – including those with categories marked as “members only” were being sent out.

I removed the widget but it was still sending out posts.

I have de-activated it, then re-activated it and re-installed the latest version of WordPress and so far its been ok but I am left without the subscribe option so I am looking for a different plugin. I have seen the WP AutoResponder plugin and looking into it but I am wondering if S2member recommend anything?

Thanks for your help

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 9:44 am #22095
Eduan

Hello Rob,

So you mean a plugin that allows you to subscribe to specific posts? If so, then I haven’t played around with this so I can’t really recommend anything I’m afraid. :/

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.