latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wrong role assigned after Membership Signup

Home Forums Community Forum Wrong role assigned after Membership Signup

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  kansas kansas 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 27th, 2013 at 2:55 am #52643

I’m getting a wrong role assigned after Paypal Membership Signup.

My Paypal Button should create a s2Member Level 1 role but I always get a Subscriber role assigned.

I’m using it in production mode no sandbox mode. I already searched the forum and many people had a problem because of W3 Total Cache plugin, but I haven’t installed it.

It worked yesterday while but I’m not sure I think only sometimes. I think it happened after creating a view profile fields in s2Member.
And I’m sure some of my testing users I created were assigned with the s2Member Level 1 role but today they are assigned to Subscribers. I don’t know how that can happen.

I hope someone can help me. As mentioned I already looked in the forum and it always tourned out that others had the problem when W3 Total cache was installed but I haven’t installed it.

Thanks a lot

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 28th, 2013 at 11:29 pm #52778

About the caching, the ones that give random trouble are database or object caching. It could be W3 Total Cache or another plugin, make sure you don’t have them enabled.

Are you using s2Member’s shortcode for the PayPal button? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons[/hilite]

If you’re using a button from paypal.com, did you integrate it with s2Member? Knowledge Base » Using Buttons Generated @ PayPal.com

Are these users new signups or upgrades of existing accounts?

If upgrade, make sure the user is logged in when he loads the page with the button, and it’ll have to be the s2 shortcode button, not a paypal.com one.

If they’re new signups, then he needs to allow cookies so on return from PayPal, s2Member can create a cookie so he can register and gets the access he just paid for (e.g. level).

If the cookie doesn’t work, he needs to register with the access registration link s2Member sent him in the Signup Confirmation Email. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

Do you have any errors in your logs for these users that had the level problem? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration[/hilite]

Have you tried these to troubleshoot? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Saturday Jun 29th, 2013 at 2:07 am #52791

Thank you Cristián for your response!

Plugins are deactivated just Buddypress is still on.

I’m using s2member > Paypal Buttons > Paypal Buttons For Level 1 Access
There I’m using the button code of the WordPress® Shortcode that gets generated by s2member.

I’m trying to signup new users. It worked at the beginning a few times but not anymore without changing anything. I just added some profile fields in s2member > General Options > Registration/Profile fields.

After Paypal purchase the new user always gets the Subscriber role and not s2member Level 1 role how it should be anymore.

Should the user normally get a Congratulations email after registration like you are describing in?:
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email
I user only gets the confirmation email link via email from wordpress/buddypress.

I checked s1-server-scanner.php and everything is green (PASS)
There are only 2 errors to see what I don’t understand what it should mean: http://abload.de/img/serverscanby_s2memberbdbno.png

I just enabled log files an tested it with registering a new user. The log file looks ok. I can’t see anything looking like an error in it.

Can you see if there is something wrong in the log file?

Thanks a lot

Posted: Saturday Jun 29th, 2013 at 4:13 am #52793

I just deleted all my profile fields in s2member > General Options > Registration/Profile fields.
It is still not working.

And then I just checked my S2Member > Browse Members and suddenly all my User roles switched to Subscriber again. All my Users who had the s2member Level 1 Role before got suddenly the Default role of Subscriber again?

Is this a bug? Is that problem known?

Thanks a lot

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.