latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wrong user name with caching plugins

Home Forums Community Forum Wrong user name with caching plugins

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bob Hoyt 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 12th, 2013 at 10:08 pm #59505
Bob Hoyt
Username: rhoyt

http://www.informaticseducation.org hosts an online book students can pay for with PayPal and it is free for faculty. We are using WP eMember for membership. With both W3 Total Cache and Quick Cache I get much better performance but the problem is that: 1. On registration the student is getting the name of the last student to register and not their name 2. After they register and log in they will likely see the last students name in the top bar and not their name which is disconcerting. When I disable the caching plugins the problem goes away. I would appreciate any thoughts. I am using WP 3.6.1

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 13th, 2013 at 12:27 am #59508
TJ
Username: wellwater

Bob, you shouldn’t be using two caching plugins at once. They’ll conflict with one another. Deactivate one or the other. As for the username being shown for the previous registered user… It sounds like you’re caching “logged in users” which should be disabled. Quick Cache disables this by default, as does W3TC. So wherever you have that set, it needs to be disabled.

If that doesn’t work, then you should specify in your settings URL’s to block. Both plugins are capable of doing wildcard matches, so you can block entire directories or just specific pages.

After you save changes, clear the cache.

Posted: Friday Sep 13th, 2013 at 7:55 am #59532
Bob Hoyt
Username: rhoyt

I didn’t use the two caches at the same time, one was de-activated while trying the other one. I am using the default setting of not caching logged in users, that has not been changed. We can try to block URLs which we have not done and should try today. I like Quick Cache because I am a noobie and it is a little more straightforward. Hope this works and thanks…..Bob

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.