latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

ws_plugin__s2member_during_custom help

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks ws_plugin__s2member_during_custom help

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  stefanie lister 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 8:34 am #24306

Is there no ws_plugin__s2member_during_custom_registration_section type thing?
http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/custom_reg_fields/package-filters/

I need to hook into and add content before each section to create a custom registration step by step plugin for s2members. but i can only hook before each field, not each section. is there a way?

Thanks!
-Shane

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 8:43 am #24309

Never mind i found it under ws_plugin__s2member_during_custom_registration_fields_before_custom_fields.
If there is a better way to access per section please let me know.
also, the coding in s2member is really good! The programmer should be very happy as he is very very skilled. it is not often you see such impeccable code anymore!

[field] => Array
     (
         [section] => yes
         [sectitle] => Business Information
         [id] => business_type
         [label] => Business Type
         [type] => select
         [deflt] => 
         [options] => B2C|B2C|default

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:25 pm #24342
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Glad you found the solution Shane!

also, the coding in s2member is really good! The programmer should be very happy as he is very very skilled. it is not often you see such impeccable code anymore!

Yes he is a very good coder, although he is better now, the current s2Member’s code is actually pretty dirty under some standards, especially high performance standards. But the newer version will be much better. ;)

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 12:58 pm #24347

Thank you for the reply!
I have just finished up my plugin. I took this JQuery code here:

http://techlaboratory.net/labs/SmartWizard2/index.htm

and turned it into the registeration page for s2member. so now the users go through a step process to registering an account. It took a little bit of hacking and slashing but i got it done! And i couldn’t be more happy! :D

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #24350
Eduan

:D Glad you got it working like you wanted!

I think I enjoy hacking the best, instead of creating it from zero. :P

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #24424

No joke I agree. I tried to make my site with all custom code using the MVC style, tried zend frame work, yii, etc. And in the end I finaly got on track when I really noticed the power behind wordpress! 80% of anything you want is allready done as a plugin. And what’s not done for you is as simple as hooks and actions in a custom plugin! I wish I could go back in time and redo a lot of my past projects.

Anyway, its nice to meet and talk to you man, I may make this my #1 forum and stick around to help other people. I have not purchused s2member yet but will even if its just to support the dev.

Shane

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 9:40 pm #24433
Eduan

No joke I agree. I tried to make my site with all custom code using the MVC style, tried zend frame work, yii, etc. And in the end I finaly got on track when I really noticed the power behind wordpress! 80% of anything you want is allready done as a plugin. And what’s not done for you is as simple as hooks and actions in a custom plugin! I wish I could go back in time and redo a lot of my past projects.

I agree, although WordPress is not really the best of its kind, I mean it is for blogging, but any good coder with certain standards will see that the code is not what you would call “clean”, it can do a lot better in the coding department.

Anyway, its nice to meet and talk to you man, I may make this my #1 forum and stick around to help other people. I have not purchused s2member yet but will even if its just to support the dev.

Yes, I actually did this, and it feels good to help other people. :) You will probably see more from me than other members, but not more than the support reps. :)

Pleasure talking to you too. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #24763

Shane, could you please share your code and what you did? I’d love to do the same thing! Thanks -lucy

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.