latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

You do not have sufficient permission…

Home Forums Community Forum You do not have sufficient permission…

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 30th, 2013 at 4:11 pm #52828
Angie R
Username: lajean

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 4:52 am #52871
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

And thank you for your patience over the weekend.

I’m assuming that you know how to fix the capabilities issue because you’ve dealt with this before. I can’t say what might be causing this, I know that I have seen Users of s2Member use all but Websimon Tables, and YITH Maintenance without issue in the past, but I don’t recognize these two plugins.

s2Member shouldn’t mess with the Administrator role’s capabilities like this. Is there any pattern to when/how this happens, or does it happen sporadically?

Posted: Tuesday Jul 2nd, 2013 at 2:14 pm #52908
Angie R
Username: lajean

I am not a dev by any means. I depend entirely on strong solid products (plugins) being developed by others. I certainly do not have knowledge on how to fix any ‘capabilities issues’ (I don’t even know what that means). I talked with the support team at my hosting service and they looked at the error log. The membership plugins (whether it be s2member or another brand) are NOT playing well with BuddyPress & bbPress. Initially, it appears to be the theme that causes the issue, but regardless of what theme is being used the same error occurs. It doesn’t matter which member plugin I select or which theme (believe me, I have tried several combinations) When I spoke with my hosting company folks, they said, “Its a database error. plugin was mixing with the database causing this.” I have come to the conclusion that I CANNOT use s2member with BuddyPress & bbPress because of this. So, I have a choice – membership site or forum – but not both. While I am disappointed, I will select the forum over the membership.

I will give you the full spectrum of plugins and themes I am using if you wish to test this for yourself (because I’d sure love to see this all work smoothly and seemlessly in the future):

Themes:
MesoColumn (http://www.dezzain.com/)
WP Opulus (http://www.nimbusthemes.com/)
BuddyPress Default

Plugins:
AdRotate
bbPress
bbPress Enable TinyMCE Visual Tab
BuddyPress
Custom Admin Bar
Custom Login 2.0
Websimon Tables
YITH Maintenance Mode

Posted: Wednesday Jul 3rd, 2013 at 6:14 am #52946
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

am not a dev by any means. I depend entirely on strong solid products (plugins) being developed by others. I certainly do not have knowledge on how to fix any ‘capabilities issues’ (I don’t even know what that means). I talked with the support team at my hosting service and they looked at the error log.

Sorry about the confusion here. What I meant to say was that I’m assuming that you’ve already been able to log back in, because you mentioned you had this problem in the past. As in, you do not need assistance in getting your Capabilities/Roles back on track. That is correct?

The membership plugins (whether it be s2member or another brand) are NOT playing well with BuddyPress & bbPress.

I’m not sure why this would be. I am currently running a development environment running all three of these plugins and I am not having this issue. It sound to me like maybe the row in your database that handles your roles is being wiped because of so many plugins adding/removing roles? I know bbPress adds specific capabilities to certain Roles, and s2Member adds the s2Member User Levels + bbPress Capabilities to these Roles if you have bbPress installed when you activate s2Member. Do you have the exact wording that your hosting provider gave you?

I will give you the full spectrum of plugins and themes I am using if you wish to test this for yourself (because I’d sure love to see this all work smoothly and seemlessly in the future):

Thanks. Though, you said that you tried disabling all plugins but s2Member, BuddyPress and bbPress and this still happened?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.