latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Your membership has been approved… Email

Home Forums Community Forum Your membership has been approved… Email

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 3rd, 2012 at 1:40 pm #12492
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hello! Now I’ve been able to test my payment setup in sandbox, I need to customise my emails.

1. Is there a way to change these email to HTML format so I can brand them?

2. Where can I edit the “your membership has been approved” email. It’s got the payment information in it and I need to change it to show the tax break down for legal reasons…

Silver Membership

Subscr. ID: I-….
Charges today: $474.00
Recurring charges: $474.00 / yearly

Your Username/Password will arrive shortly, in a separate email. If you have any trouble, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,
xxxx

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 4:25 am #12555

Epix, do you mean the confirmation email s2Member sends after signup? Go to your Options page for the gateway you’re using and look for the Confirmation Email panel. If you’re using PayPal, then it’d be under: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 9:46 am #12586
Epix Media

aahhhh ha! Thanks!

Is there a replacement code for Tax? I’m working this out separately in my form shortcodes…

ta :)

Posted: Friday May 4th, 2012 at 7:13 pm #12619

No, if it’s not there, then it’s not available yet. I’ll mention it to Jason as a request.

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:03 am #12792
Epix Media

Thanks, hoping Paypal do a Tax breakdown then as I am passing them that info!

Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 4:00 pm #12823

Cool. I hope they make it easy. :)

Jason said he has that replacement code in the to-do list for the next generation of s2Member.

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 11:18 am #13526
Epix Media

Hi Cristian, My client has test paypal with their live account and even though we’re sending the Tax amount to PayPal there isn’t a break down of it in the receipt PayPal sends.

Do you know if there is a setting in PayPal for this? (Found nothing on their help pages)…

They need to show VAT in the receipt, they’ve told me its a legal requirement so if we can’t show it we’ve got a very big problem and the websites almost finished!!…

If anyone knows how to sort this please let me know – if not I’ll have to try calling PayPal.

Cheers

Posted: Tuesday May 15th, 2012 at 4:41 pm #13548

I see.

Well, if you’re not using the automatic tax calculations, you can just include the tax in the price. Since you’ll know how much the tax is, just pass it as a custom variable in the shortcode and then using it in the confirmation email with [hilite mono]%%cv1%%[/hilite].

Would that help?

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 9:20 am #14070
Epix Media

Lovely, worked a treat! Last question on this subject – is there any way the email can be HTML instead of plain text?

ta :)

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 7:48 pm #14205

Glad that worked. :)

I don’t know how to change it to HTML, the interface it doesn’t give that option. I’ll ask Jason if there’s a quick hack for that.

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 9:03 am #14317
Epix Media

Cheers – I’ll wait for confirmation from you on that then :)

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 2:26 am #14401

Here’s what he said:

No, not possible in the current release, due to issues with the wp_mail(), and plugin conflicts. It’s not worth the effort required, and will likely cause other problems. Stick with plain text for now please.

But it’s in the to-do list. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.