For what it’s worth, since there is no help forthcoming here, I came up with a solution which works for me. If you bill monthly, it won’t work well for you, but here it is.
Create a sales page
Create a Pitchplus upsell page
Create a thank you page.
Add your own Clickbank buttons to each page. This will allow you to add the variables to indicate the flow as well as your own CB skins, which S2 Member doesn’t handle either.
All of these will be outside of S2Member’s protection.
On your thank you page, add your own Clickbank INS handler. There are examples on CB.
When someone lands on the thank you page, you’ll have CBs post variables which will tell you what they bought and who they are.
Use the S2Member Pro API Remote Operations to add a new user, set their level based on what they bought and give them a username and password. Then add a link to the login page.
Keep in mind, this will not handle any other notifications from CB and if you’re doing recurring billing, you’ll have to manually remove users as they drop out. S2member won’t handle that for you, though you could write your INS script to delete users also as they refund or drop out.
First, I understand there’s nothing “broken” so I was wrong to use the word “fix”. Just as your 2 employees were wrong to say it would be in “soon” when there is no timeline for it.
Second, I understand you don’t see this as a high priority item.
The thought of using the OTOs did occur to me though there are a few issues with that:
1. It’s against Clickbank’s terms of service. The customer must immediately be given access to his product after purchase. This could be worked around by popping the OTO on the second visit but obviously this would kill conversions because they’ll be out of the heat of “buying mode.”
2. I’m not sure the affiliate will get credit for the sale. I suppose that depends on cookie expiration and if it’s sufficient, they should get credit, right?
3. The difference in conversions on a “Pitch Plus” sale, where they’ve already given CC information and just have to click one button, versus entering it all over again, will be significant.
What I’d like, from a developer, is a pointer in the write direction so I can make the mods myself. Even though I’ve got 25 years writing C, C++ and PHP, I don’t find your code easy to follow.
Answers to these questions would help:
1. Where is the code that handles the Clickbank INS?
I suppose it is in this class? c_ws_plugin__s2member_pro_clickbank_return
2. Where is the code that handles the Clickbank button generation?
3. What are the side-effects of adding an intermediate thank you page (really another sales page) such as:
User Clicks Buy Button -> Pays at CB -> Returns to New SalesPage -> Option A: Clicks Upsell Buy Button -> Back to CB -> Returns to “normal” return ULR or Option B: Rejects upsell -> Redirected to “normal” return URL