latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

can i turn off Aweber double optin?

Home Forums Community Forum can i turn off Aweber double optin?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 10:57 am #30776

So far so good with thing….

Is there a way of stopping the double optin email Aweber sends out after the user has registered in my s2M site – Now Aweber is writing the registration info to the list but sending out the conformation email and the new user who has registered gets 3 email

1. Log in details from s2M site
2. Double optin from Aweber
3. Follow up ‘Welcome’ email

Seems a bit over excessive and i dont want to bombard them with all these emails at signup when just 2 would suffice.

1. Login details
2. Welcome

So can we turn off Aweber’s forced Double Otp-in?

Cheers – Mike

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #30938
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately, I don’t believe Aweber allows you to disable the double-opt-in requirement, at least not with the email-integration, which is what s2Member is currently using to integrate with Aweber (we’re switching to their more powerful API-integration in the next major release of the plugin and I believe that may contain a feature for disabling the double-opt-in).

For now, if you want to disable double-opt-in, your only option is to use MailChimp. You can read more about disabling the double-opt-in with MailChimp here.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.