latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrading Free to Paid During Free Trial Time

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrading Free to Paid During Free Trial Time

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 4:39 pm #12322
Peter Hall
Username: summitss

Hello,

I have a site running S2Member Pro. We created an API that allows a third party to post in new members with a 30 day trial to Level 1 and downgrading to Level 0 on day 31. We are using Authorize.net to process recurring transactions. However, we do not receive any billing data for the new customers. Ordinarily we didn’t think people would want to upgrade before the EOT or the trial ran out, however we have many that are doing this and instead of getting the rest of the free days or a pro-rated billing, they are getting billed on the day they upgrade and essentially losing the rest of the free time.

We created a form to allow the free trial users to upgrade to paid recurring memberships. However, if someone upgrades after 10 days, they should still get the remaining 20 free days before being billed.

Is there a way to create a form that adds in the “20 days” (or days to EOT) as free just as if the person signed up on an Authorize.net Pro form with a free period? We would need this to calculate the EOT days and dynamically add them as free days to the paid recurring subscription.

I have looked and searched here but don’t see a way of doing it without some extra programming. However, I have seen a few people request similar functions. I imagine we can program something to do this, but would prefer to use something “built in”.

Please let me know the best way to do this.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 2nd, 2012 at 6:11 pm #12402
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Peter,

The best way to handle this would be to calculate how many free days the user should have and then add that number to the Initial/Trial period when generating the Pro-Form. When the free user signs up, they would automatically get X number of days free and then start being charged the recurring amount.

This is possible using Dynamic Shortcode Attributes and you can read more discussion on doing this in a recent thread on a similar topic.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.