Support Policy: Table Of Contents
- General Support Policy Overview
- Scope Of s2Member® Support Services
- Other Terms & Conditions
- Closing Statements / Acceptance / Changes
General Support Policy Overview
Service & Support Policy
Support for Products by s2Member® is available only through your account at s2Member.com, which grants you access to a customer-only Contact Form (for Tech Support) where you can ask us technical questions. Our customer support representatives are available Monday through Friday; excluding all major holidays. Or, you can discuss problems/solutions with others in our public Community Forum available to all site owners (register free here).
s2Member® offers its Products "as is", with no implied warranty or guarantee that they will function exactly as you wish, or with all 3rd party components and plugins. Further, we offer no support via email, or otherwise, for installation, customization or administration of WordPress® itself, or of other WordPress® themes/plugins. We only cover support for our own Products, and we can't give general WordPress® support; or offer advice about things which are not specifically related to our Products.
Scope Of s2Member® Support Services
Specific things we WILL gladly help our customers with
- If you are unable to install any s2Member® Product, we will help by providing how-to articles, video tutorials, or written assistance from an s2Member® support representative.
- If you are confused about any s2Member® Product feature, we are happy to assist you with clarification; which may include a written explanation from an s2Member® support representative, links to relevant documentation, video tutorials and/or knowledge base articles. We'll help you understand what's to be expected from a specific feature.
- We are happy to receive feedback of any kind. If you have ideas or suggestions, please share them w/ a support rep. using our Contact Form. We welcome this!
- If you discover a bug within any s2Member® Product, we would love to hear about it. This way it can be fixed in a future release, or as soon as possible. Please report all bugs to an s2Member® support rep. using our Contact Form.
Customization & modifications (a very fine line)
We understand there is a fine line between what is considered support, and what is considered a "customization" and/or a "modification" to one of our Products. We will try help our customers in any way we can, but we can't provide in-depth technical assistance (or offer ongoing advice) related to customization or modifications.
Technical support will thus take priority over any assistance with customization or modifications. If you are requesting assistance in this regard, and it only requires us to publish a couple lines of code, we will gladly help you. Or at least point you in the right direction.
If however, your inquiry requires more than a couple lines of code (quite common), we can only provide guidance, and you would then need to hire a freelancer if you don't have the skills to implement it yourself. We recommend jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance web site where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project. Tip: the s2Member® Codex and the WordPress® Codex are developer-friendly tools.
Specific things we will NOT do (seriously, please read the following)
- We will NOT provide support and/or troubleshooting assistance for any s2Member® Product which has been integrated with another 3rd party theme or plugin. If you discover a bug, or an inconsistent behavior with an s2Member® Product which is integrated into a mixture of other themes/plugins for WordPress®, we ask that you start by disabling all other plugins and revert to the default theme for your current version of WordPress®. If problems persist, even in the default theme for WordPress®, and no other plugins are active, we are happy to help. Otherwise, if you are integrating s2Member® Products into a larger set of themes/plugins, we ask that you seek assistance from an experienced WordPress® developer who can do a full review of your site and make the proper recommendations (e.g. helping you resolve conflicts between all plugins working together).
- We will NOT assist with any custom features. If the feature you desire is not currently available in the s2Member® Product you purchased, we are happy to receive feedback and feature requests. However, we will not be held to any deadline, and we will not be obligated to provide you with support for any feature which is not already a part of the Product you purchased. Please read our entire list of features for the Product you select, before purchasing.
- We offer NO support via email, or otherwise, for installation, customization or administration of WordPress® itself, or of other WordPress® themes/plugins. We only cover support for our own Products, and we can't give general WordPress® support that isn't related to our Products.
- We do NOT offer phone or live chat support. Support for Products by s2Member® is handled only through our Contact Form (for Tech Support).
- We do NOT offer professional installation service, customizations, or services involving custom coding. If you need assistance in this regard, we recommend jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance web site where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project.
Other Terms & Conditions
Warranty / Guarantee; Liability Limitation
s2Member® does not warranty or guarantee its Products in any manner. We cannot guarantee our Products will function with all 3rd party components, plugins or web browsers. s2Member® is not responsible for any 3rd party plugin compatibility conflicts that may occur. It is our policy to support all s2Member® Products as best we can. However, we will only provide support for 3rd party plugin conflicts, at our own discretion; as time allows. Please report any known conflicts to a support rep. using our Contact Form for review. We may offer suggestions or alternatives.
s2Member® is not responsible for any data loss that may occur as a result of installing, running, and/or uninstalling any s2Member® Product. Please remember to backup your files & database before installing, running, upgrading, and/or uninstalling any s2Member® Product. If data loss does occur, please report it to a support rep. using our Contact Form for review. We may offer helpful advice.
Refund Policy / Digital Goods
Since s2Member® is offering non-tangible, irrevocable, digital goods; we generally do NOT issue refunds. During checkout, upon clicking the "Submit" button, your purchase is charged to the credit/debit card that you supplied. All sales are final. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase. Please test the free version of our products before purchasing.
However, we will consider a refund within the first 30 days of your purchase, if you are unable to install a Product. Or, if the Product fails to perform basic functions, as designed. And, you HAVE already worked with, and followed all advice presented by our support team, in an effort to resolve these issues. Any refunds that are processed, will be granted at the sole discretion of s2Member®. No refunds will be given after 30 days from the initial purchase whatsoever. By purchasing a Product at s2Member.com, you agree to the terms of our Refund Policy. You cannot cancel a purchase or receive a refund for a purchase.
Additional Policies (Included Herein By Direct Reference)
If there are any questions regarding this Support Policy, you may contact our parent company: WebSharks™.
Closing Statements / Acceptance / Changes
Acceptance Of This Support Policy
By purchasing one or more s2Member® Products, you indicate that you've read and agree to our Support Policy, and all other Terms & Conditions.
Future Modifications / Changes In Support Policy
s2Member® reserves the right to change or modify it's current Support Policy with no prior notice. If we decide to change our Support Policy, we will post those changes on this page, and/or update the modification date below. Policy changes related to the purchase of a Product License, will apply only to Products purchased after the date of the change.
This policy was last modified on: August 23rd 2013.