latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

20% rule work-around/payments skipped

Home Forums Community Forum 20% rule work-around/payments skipped

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 18th, 2013 at 11:36 pm #47847
Lesley Austin
Username: lesley

So….I continue to have problems with payments skipped with some monthly recurring payments. When we can resolve the problem (paypal or customer), I’ve been creating manually (with subscriber modification buttons) and annual non-recurring payment. This has worked fine until today when that 20% message came up for my customer.

I would use Pro-forms, which I understand avoid that problem, but I also understand they don’t work with Buddypress profiles, which is the setup I have on my site and can’t change.

This payments skipped problem is such a hassle, for my customers and for me, and there ought to be an easy way to fix it. Paypal insists it isn’t their problem…but then why do the annual payments go through? Except for now with this dratted new rule?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 10:35 pm #47911
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I would use Pro-forms, which I understand avoid that problem, but I also understand they don’t work with Buddypress profiles, which is the setup I have on my site and can’t change.

Unfortunately the only way you’re going to have Users upgrade is to either:

1) Have them checkout through Pro Forms, which isn’t possible for you.

2) Have them cancel their subscription before they create a new one.

The section option is what s2Member does with Pro Forms. The old subscription is canceled, and a new one is created to replace it. You can have Users cancel their profile with Cancellation Buttons.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Cancellation Buttons

This payments skipped problem is such a hassle, for my customers and for me, and there ought to be an easy way to fix it. Paypal insists it isn’t their problem…but then why do the annual payments go through? Except for now with this dratted new rule?

I’ve seen reports of skipped payments happening with PayPal outside of s2Member, and I haven’t seen any solid solutions for this. Based on the information I’ve seen skipped payments are due to bank accounts/PayPal accounts with insufficient funds. You can keep too many skipped payments from happening in subscriptions by changing your rra attribute, as s2Member regards skipped payments as failed payments.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 11:54 am #48502
Lesley Austin

Then my next question would be is s2member going to make their ProForms work with Buddypress? I’ve seen this issue come up with other customers. It is a common combination. Would that be possible?

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 10:50 pm #48530
Bruce
Staff Member

Then my next question would be is s2member going to make their ProForms work with Buddypress? I’ve seen this issue come up with other customers. It is a common combination. Would that be possible?

s2Member puts its Custom Fields into BuddyPress, but it can’t pull custom fields created within BuddyPress. The solution at the current time is to just use s2Member to create these fields. I’ll talk to our development team about adding this functionality into the next major version of s2Member.

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 2:13 pm #48586
Lesley Austin

Ok….in case I want to shift to s2member handling the custom fields, can you direct me to some guidance on that (hopefully remembering I need the least geeky explanation possible: : )

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 5:37 pm #48592
Bruce
Staff Member

Ok….in case I want to shift to s2member handling the custom fields, can you direct me to some guidance on that (hopefully remembering I need the least geeky explanation possible: : )

You’ll want to create the fields here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

This is pretty simple. To get them to integrate with BuddyPress, you have to tick the checkboxes at the bottom of this panel:

You can just follow the inline documentation here to set this up. It’s pretty self-explanatory. :-)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.