latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

2Registration Pages orInvisible Custom Fields

Home Forums Community Forum 2Registration Pages orInvisible Custom Fields

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 25th, 2012 at 6:09 pm #6426
Terri
Username: tokyoterri

Hi:

The site is here:
http://few.modernmediajapan.com/

The process I need to create is:
1. Person signs up with the normal Registration form: http://few.modernmediajapan.com/register/
2. Person will automatically be Level 0.
3. Membership Director will contact person to arrange for payment. When payment is confirmed
4. Membership Director will manually move person from Level 0 to Level 1
5. Person will get an email automatically asking them to login to the full site (I hope that\’s true)

Problem: during #1, my client needs a lot more information (fields) about the potential member, such as work and home address, etc.

At first, I created fields for this additional information, but it was very hard to streamline the CSS page and make it look right- I spent hours trying to and don\’t have the time to keep working on it.

Possible Solution 1: Can the site use 2 Registration pages, one for someone who is registering for Events (via the Events plugin) and the regular S2Member plugin. In other words, can I have two separate registration pages that will both feed into S2 Member? Say, an http://few.modernmediajapan.com/event_registration page?

If I can do that, it will solve my problem – then I just have to get the Events plugin to use that Registration page when someone wants to sign up for an event.

Possible Solution 2: If I can\’t do that, then the question is: if I add the additional fields to the Custom Profile Fields and make the invisible during Registration but visible to the Member once they have registered, is there a way to have that additional information:
a. not show up on the person\’s public profile field
b. be emailed to the Membership Director

If Possible Solution 2 is the right one, what do I do – use hooks or something like that? I am not PHP programmer, but I need to get this done asap.

I\’m sort of hoping that Possible Solution 1 is the right one, then I can create the page (by cloning the BuddyPress Register page?) and add it to the site and presumably it\’ll just work.

help!

thanks,

best,
Terri

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 12:05 am #6440

5. Person will get an email automatically asking them to login to the full site (I hope that\’s true)

This doesn’t happen automatically. You could achieve it integrating with a email service like MailChimp or AWeber and enable list transition, so that when the user changes levels, he also gets added to another list, which would immediately send that email you mentioned.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B5D737AD153F3CE
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› Automate[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 5:14 am #6444
Terri
Username: tokyoterri

Hi Cristián:

thanks for your reply: we use MadMimi, so the email newsletter thing won\’t work for us. Plus, the main goal would be to have two separate registration options: since you\’re saying that\’s not possible, I will give up and try to find a different way.

thanks,
Terri

Posted: Sunday Feb 26th, 2012 at 11:46 am #6456
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi, I added this function to my functions.php file within my theme, when the user role is updated via “Users” in the admin it sends that user an email:

//custom functions added by Epix Media
function user_role_update( $user_id, $new_role ) {
        $site_url = get_bloginfo('wpurl');
        $user_info = get_userdata( $user_id );
        $to = $user_info->user_email;
        $subject = "Account Approval: ".$site_url."";
        $message = "Hello " .$user_info->display_name . ", Your account has now been approved on ".$site_url;
        wp_mail($to, $subject, $message);
}
add_action( 'set_user_role', 'user_role_update', 10, 2);
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 3:30 pm #6524

I use MadMimi too, and you can integrate to it using their API and s2Member’s notifications.

Still, Zoe seems to have solved it for you. Thanks a lot for sharing that Zoe! :D

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.