latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

30-Day Renewal Notice

Home Forums Community Forum 30-Day Renewal Notice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 1:54 pm #60773
myrna
Username: myrna

Hi, I’ve read in several places that you have a built-in automated renewal notification process in the works, rather than trying to implement one of the hacks. What is the status on this? I would really like to use S2Member Pro for a site we are developing, but it would be set to go live on Jan. 31 2014 and we’d need to have this functionality tested and ready to go well before that date. A 30-day renewal notification is a requirement from the client.

Also, do you have any plans to upgrade the member’s profile modification form so that more fields can be modified? Failing that, can you point me in the direction of another hack that would allow me to add fields? I would prefer not giving users access to the WordPress profile modification page if I can avoid it.

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 7:10 pm #60776
cassel
Username: cassel

This has been in the works for MANY months now. Personally, what I have been doing is create an auto-responder in MailChimp based on the registration date (since it does not REALLY use the EOT in MC) and send a notification 2 weeks prior to the EOT. In my case, it is to let them know that the automatic monthly payment will be starting soon (after they purchase a 3 months subscription).

It is not the best method, but a workaround for the time being.

Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 7:12 pm #60777
myrna

Thanks for that reply — that may work as we would be integrating MailChimp. I have never done that before and am not really familiar with MailChimp, could you please give me a more detailed explanation on how the auto-responder is set up? Thank you!

Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 7:24 pm #60779
cassel

IN MC, first of all, you will need the paid version (the auto-responder is not part of the free package).

If you have only one product/course, the time of registration can be the time the member is added to the list, which would be done automatically. If not, then you would have to create a merge tag and add the date manually.

Then, to create the auto-responder, you will just click on Auto-responder (instead of Campaign), type in your email, and in the scheduling settings, you can choose when you want it. In my case, the initial subscription is for 30 months, so I choose to send the email 80 days after the date in Course1. If the initial period was say, one year, you can choose to send after 235 days, and so on.

I have been waiting for that functionality in s2M for over 2 years now, so I am not sure how close they are to release something.

Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 7:32 pm #60782
myrna

OK, thank you so much, that is really helpful information. Yes, definitely this should be included in S2Member, but I’m investigating other membership plug-ins and it doesn’t seem to be included with them either. Thank you again!

Posted: Thursday Oct 31st, 2013 at 7:37 pm #60783
cassel

I think it will be hard to find since membership plugins are not usually configured to be email providers. So far, s2M has been the most comprehensive plugin, despite some missing functionalities. I had a programmer code plugins and hacks to add some of those functionalities, but not this one in particular… yet (he might work on it if there is enough demand, and users willing to pay for developing it).

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.