latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

503 Service Error | User Not Exceeded Max IPs

Home Forums Community Forum 503 Service Error | User Not Exceeded Max IPs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 15th, 2013 at 2:40 pm #53473

Hey Guys,

Thanks as always for a great plugin and awesome support. Much appreciated!

My users are routinely exceeding their max IPs, which is fine. I just check mark the box that says “Yes, delete/reset IP Restrictions associated with this Username” and they have access again.

However today one of my users was seeing the 503 Error message, but was not at or above the max # of ips, which I found odd.

Any idea why he may be seeing the same 503 Error message, despite s2member saying he is not at or above the max # of allowable IPs?

Right now I was able to give him access by changing the settings to “infinite number of IPs” but obviously this is not ideal and hopefully just a short term solution.

Thank you for any and all insight!

Take care,

Ryan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 7:23 am #53506

Thanks for the kudos. :)

About your report, how could you tell he wasn’t over the max IPs limit? Just curious. Was it based on what he told you? He could have his IP changed by his ISP with each connection, or he’s moving around with a mobile device changing networks without him knowing it, for example.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:34 pm #53531

I based my conclusion that he was not over the Max IPs on the message from s2member within his user account.

In my WordPress dashboard: All Users–Edit User–Scroll Down–“*Note* this User is NOT currently banned by any of your IP Restrictions.”

I’ve attached a screen shot of the option.

Every other time when someone receives a 503 Error message, s2member lets me know that they are over their max allowable IPs by telling me that they are over their limit. In this case, I did not receive that particular message and instead s2member told me he was not over his limit.

I hope that helps clarify things. If you have any ideas I’m all ears. Thank you!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 9:12 pm #53540

Ah, thanks. I’ll ask Jason about it, I know that some changes were done to this message recently, are you using the latest release of s2Member or are you behind with the updates? In any case, if there’s a problem, it’s most likely with the logic to display the message, not the restriction itself. So if he’s getting the 503 it’s because he actually wen’t over the limit and you need to reset it. :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 10:28 am #53733

Thanks Cristian.

I am using the latest release of s2member.

Today I changed the “allow infinite IPs” back to only allowing 20 different IPs. I tested it by logging in as the above mentioned user, and this time was able to login.

So to make a long story short the issue is resolved for now. I appreciate your efforts looking into this and if the problem creeps up again I will let you guys know.

Thank you!

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 7:11 am #53758

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.