latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

A little presentation problem

Home Forums Community Forum Translations A little presentation problem

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 4:06 am #7530

Hello,
as you may know, I’m working on a french translation of S2member (well slowly as you can guess). Another french Smember user just asked me if I could do something about the default présentation of the Paypal buttons creation page. As you can see here http://tof.canardpc.com/view/20e2beb5-b1b0-4196-a803-36e3ba34a1ba.jpg the currency shown in hard is $ (“yes, I want to charge $ …”). The user can change the currency with dropdown menu but it’s a little perturbing. I can translate this in € but you may be french and need to make a button in dollars :-) Maybe the sentences with $ should be changed…
Another question: how to show EUR by default in the dropdown menu (if possible) ?
For the moment, I plan to translate the $ symbol by “in currency you choose”.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Eduan.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:49 pm #7555
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jean-Michel,

Unfortunately the s2Member back-end pages (i.e., the administration pages, including the button generators) are not yet translation-compatible. If you want to change that text, you’ll need to modify the core s2Member files; those changes will be overwritten with upgrades to s2Member.

We’re working to improve translation support for the back-end administrative pages in the next major release of s2Member.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #7557

OK. I suggest to change the two dollars symbol in this option page to something else so the user understand he does not have to create a button with a dollars payment.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 1:32 pm #7563
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the suggestion, Jean-Michel. That’s a great idea!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:25 pm #7575

Jean-Michel, you’ll need to create a hack for this.

Make a copy of the file [hilite mono]/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/menu-pages/paypal-buttons.inc.php[/hilite] and put it in your [hilite mono]/wp-content/mu-plugins/[/hilite] directory. This is to prevent that future updates of the plugin remove your edit. You’ll have to check manually if new updates are supposed to do something to this file, so you have your version up-to-date with the new fixes as well.

Now, in line 75 you’d edit the $ symbol:

[hilite pre_code]
... I want to charge: $ ...
[/hilite]

If your client will be changing the currency, it may be best to just remove the currency symbol or he’ll get confused, cause the symbol won’t be updated in the button generator when the currency is.

In line 76, find the part that says:

[hilite pre_code]
' . trim (c_ws_plugin__s2member_utilities::evl (file_get_contents (dirname (dirname (__FILE__)) . "/templates/options/paypal-currencies.php"))) . '
[/hilite]

and replace it with everything starting from line 6 in the file [hilite mono]wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/templates/options/paypal-currencies.php[/hilite].

There remove the [hilite mono]selected="selected"[/hilite] part from the USD option and put it in the EUR one.

I haven’t tested this, but I think it’ll work. I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:45 pm #7579

Thank you Christian. I have no problem with it (and no client) but it’s good to have some information on this for non USD users.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:58 pm #7583

Cool. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.