latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

About "Levels" and easy access after Payment

Home Forums Community Forum About "Levels" and easy access after Payment

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  John Vickers 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 6:47 am #21464

I have two pages with with two different products.

Sales page 1 (buy button) ==> PayPal Payment ==> Access to protected download page with product nr 1
Sales page 2 (buy button) ==> PayPal Payment ==> Access to protected download page with product nr 2

Some people may want to purchase both product 1 and 2, and some will only purchase product 1 or only product 2. In the member are of OptimizePress I saw a video on how to use s2Member and it seems like it’s about having members in different levels, and (to me) it seems that people that are in level 2 can also use the info in level 1. This kind of setup wouldn’t be suitible for my pages.

So this is what I want to accomplish:

1)
I want to have “Protected download page nr 1” on Level 1 and a “Protected download page nr 2” on Level 2, but I want these levels to be totally separated. So the ones that gets access to level 2 don’t get access to level 1 and of course vice verca.

Can this be done?

2)
After they have payed for the product/products I want them to be directed to the page/pages described above in #1.

I get the impression that every membership script always involves sending people login information in order for them to get access to the product they just purchased through PayPal? I just want them to emeditially get access to the download page for the product and that is the URL specified when creating the PayPal button, and NOT having to check their emails for login details and then login to access the product.

Can this be done?

By the way,
Does the free version of s2Member supports PayPal Premium accounts? I know it’s not supporting pro accounts.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 8:55 am #21501
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jonas,

Yes, you can create separate restrictions within a membership level using the Custom Capabilities feature. Please see Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities).

To sell specific pages/posts on a one-time basis and simply have an access link emailed to the purchaser (no login or membership required), you can use the Specific Post/Page Buy Now feature (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 2:10 pm #21538

Moved to Customer Support Forum bu author.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  John Vickers.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.