latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Accept foreign country payments with S2 Pro

Home Forums Community Forum Accept foreign country payments with S2 Pro

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 9:51 am #50165

Hi there,

Quick question. I have a good deal of customers from outside of US that I want to offer my subscription services to. I wondering how to deal with accepting foreign country payments using the Pro Forms. Seems like the form fields are either mandatory and or not applicable. I saw brief explanations of this question in the forum back in 2012 but I was wondering if any additional information is available regarding integration, etc.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday May 18th, 2013 at 12:08 pm #50177
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

This is all explained in the s2 manual. RTFM ;)
You simple choose your currency in pro forms. Nothing more to say to it!

Posted: Sunday May 19th, 2013 at 7:49 am #50197

Ronnie, thanks for trying to help. I understand currency versions. I’m referring to the form inputs that are required and seem to not be editable.

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 3:28 am #50322
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

I have a good deal of customers from outside of US that I want to offer my subscription services to. I wondering how to deal with accepting foreign country payments using the Pro Forms. Seems like the form fields are either mandatory and or not applicable.

Your payment gateway should handle conversions from one currency to another. The ability to change currency in Pro Forms/Buttons is meant for changing for your account, so if a User comes to your site with a European bank account, and you’re collecting US Dollars, a conversion will happen on checkout, and you will receive US Dollars no matter what.

I’m not sure if I understand what you mean about form fields being mandatory, could you clarify what you mean about that?

Posted: Wednesday May 22nd, 2013 at 7:41 pm #50401

Thanks Bruce but that is not what I am referring to. As I said, some foreign customers do not follow the US Postal address system , ie City and State. How does one adjust for that when it’s a required filed? I have spoken to PayPal and their Virtual Terminal can process phone, fax and mail orders as a work around. However, that assumes customers are speaking English which is most likely not the case. Therefore, communication is a big problem and most likely eliminates this alternative. Thus, I still need assistance answering this.

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 5:33 pm #50467

Mike, you mean the Billing Address section of the pro-form? Does the payment fail if the user enters his postal code correctly even if it’s not a U.S. format?

Or are you asking how to remove that section completely? Not sure it’s possible.

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 6:59 am #50549

The complete billing address section of the Pro Form is subject to dependency of foreign address variations. Therefore, it may not work as a required field in Pro Form that is not recognized in a particular county could cause failure to accept the payment or worse abandonment of the shopping cart itself out of frustration.

Posted: Friday May 24th, 2013 at 9:55 pm #50593

That section appears when you configure the taxes calculation feature in s2Member. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Tax Rate Calculations[/hilite]

I don’t know that it’d cause the payment to fail. Have you had a failed payment because of it?

If you want to customize the labels in that section to avoid confusion, you can try a variation of this hack:

Create this dir/file: /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php
See: Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters
[hilite pre_code]

Posted: Saturday May 25th, 2013 at 10:25 am #50625

Christian,

I like your product but please excuse my frustration here. While I appreciate the support , let’s stay on topic. I have repeatedly stressed ADDRESS. Every day we waste valuable time going back and forth in a round about way on fringe topics that are no concern. If they were, I would have mentioned them in the first place. Translation is the least of my worries and either is collecting tax.

I would hope that S2 Member would already be aware of the details of using the Pro Form in a global enviorment. As such, I’ll explain it again and should we fail to connect this time let’s close the ticket and possibly your developer can get with PayPal or other shopping cart providers and see how their’s works to accommodate a greater audience than what is apparently becoming a US only form.

—————————–
Unless I have missed something, the Pro Form ‘for subscription levels’ is self generating (non editable for the field descriptions). Additional fields to the form are obtainable from “General Options – registration/profile fields & options” but these ADD information that may be required by users of software and are not a concern.

With that said, the best way to describe the problem is to view your own or someone else’s PayPal account and look at their form. You will notice that their form within the Virtual Terminal does not require a form field (by * asterisk ) for address. It’s optional information. Only a credit card number, credit card type and expiration date is required to complete any payment transaction. Pick any country and this holds true. If CV code is mandatory under S2, that’s not a problem.

This is exactly what I require due to the fact that neither I nor you can research every country’s postal designation and then come up with an all inclusive form. Since Pay Pal and most likely other cart developers have already ‘been there, done that’ it seems like the best solution. Users of your product should have the same customization options. Possibly we already do and I am not aware of how to do it or missed something on the forum or instructional videos. This may also require a hack but I don’t actively search for something that is normally beyond my scope of expertise.
—————————————
So how does one customize the Pro Forms to reflect this request? (also includes the free registration form)

Note: the request should also be supportive of any modification of subscription and update, change billing information request made by a customer and sections of S2 Member Pro.

I hope this clarifies the nature of this request.

Thanks in advance

Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 5:29 am #51125

Guys- is there a response or are we closing the ticket here?

Thank you.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 6:31 pm #51368

Sorry for missing your reply until now, I apologize for the delay in responding to it.

Thank you very much for clarifying what you’re asking, I had not understood it this way before.

Jason provided a hack to remove the address fields from Authorize.Net pro-forms, but warned against the possible problems this may cause with fraudulent transactions. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/authorize-net-proforms-can-i-disable-fields/#post-20569

So it’s possible with Auth.Net, now I need to ask Jason if it’s also possible to do the same with PayPal or if PayPal Pro, unlike Authorize.Net, absolutely requires those fields to be in the form. I left him a message and I’ll get back to you as soon as I hear back from him.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 6:42 pm #51433

I appreciate it. Let me know asap since I really can’t go live without this fixed or a valid workaround.

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 12:04 am #51565

Here’s what Jason replied:

Sorry, no. It’s not possible to remove those without creating other problems. Of course, if they want to try it for themselves, the source code is open and they can do that. However, the PayPal API docs state this.

Also, removing those address fields can prevent fraud screening from working as expected, and it can also create problems for s2Member tax calculations.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.