latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Access to pages based on membership date

Home Forums Community Forum Access to pages based on membership date

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #20692

I have a couple of questions about the Pro version.

1. I run daily deals with companies who want to provide me with a spreadsheet of coupon codes to upload into my membership software. Is this possible?

2. Also related to coupon codes, is it possible to apply a coupon to the first month of a recurring membership? Upon renewal, the full membership price will be charged?

3. My site provides paid members access to dinner menus. I’d like to structure the site so that members have unlimited access to ‘menu posts’ from their join date to present. In other words, if Jane joined on July 1, 2012, she can access all menu posts dating back to July 1, 2012, but not before. Is this possible?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 31st, 2012 at 3:19 am #20740
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Stacey,

Please see my replies below:

1. I run daily deals with companies who want to provide me with a spreadsheet of coupon codes to upload into my membership software. Is this possible?

Uploading a spreadsheet of coupon codes is not possible, but you could certainly take that list and manually copy/paste it into the Pro-Coupons configuration box (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Coupon Code Configuration File). You’ll need to make sure the format of the coupon codes match the required Pro-Coupon format.

2. Also related to coupon codes, is it possible to apply a coupon to the first month of a recurring membership? Upon renewal, the full membership price will be charged?

Yes. When you create your subscription button or Pro-Form shortcode, you’ll need to set the Initial/Trial amount to equal the recurring amount. So, if you offer a subscription for $10/month, you’ll set the Initial/Trial period to be “I’ll offer the first 1 month @ $10.00”.

Then, in your Pro-Coupon, you’ll add ta-only to indicate the discount should only be applied to the Initial/Trial amount. For example, SAVE-2|2.00||ta-only will apply a $2 discount to the first month, and then each month thereafter will be $10.

3. My site provides paid members access to dinner menus. I’d like to structure the site so that members have unlimited access to ‘menu posts’ from their join date to present. In other words, if Jane joined on July 1, 2012, she can access all menu posts dating back to July 1, 2012, but not before. Is this possible?

Yes, this is certainly possible but it would require modifying your theme files to control what get’s displayed depending on the user viewing the site. s2Member provides the functionality for this (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced Query Conditionals), but it’s very advanced and requires knowledge of PHP and WordPress to get it working. If you’re not comfortable with PHP, we recommend posting your job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.