latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Account with Multiple Memberships possible?

Home Forums Community Forum Account with Multiple Memberships possible?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Hello 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 4:32 am #7160
Hello
Username: congstruct

Hi, I need to have 4 memberships all independent of each other

So level 1 = Access to Book title “A” membership b but no access to B,C,D areas
Level 2 = Access to book title “B” BUT not access to Book title A,C, or D areas
Level 3 = same premise
Level 4 = same premise

NOW, I need a person who is a member of level A access only to be able to purchase level C access and have access to both without having access to B or D

Is it possible to have 2 memberships at the same time?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 9:35 am #7164
Lan
Username: bigrice

I’m new here too…trying to help a bit if i can….
Have you checked out the Custom Capabilities to achieve your goal? that might help?

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 1:21 pm #7174
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hi, thanks for your inquiry.

As Lan suggested, have you tried Custom Capabilities?

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities. They are available in the free and paid version of s2Member.

You might also be interested in this video by Jason (lead developer) explaining custom capabilities:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

Does this answer your question?

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 2:08 pm #7180
Hello

hi thanks for your help Lan and guys here, yes I was watching those videos last nite but I think I should have been more clear.

Is it possible for a member to buy 2 memberships from different levels? Can someone buy a level 3 membership then buy a level 2 membership? (they aren’t upgrading or downgrading levels, they are actually holding 2 different levels at the same time)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Hello.
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 pm #7210
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

No, this is currently not possible. Sorry, have you considered using specific post/page access restrictions in order to accomplish what you want?

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 4th, 2012 at 5:27 am #7214
Hello

Thank you Eduan,

So they will have to open a new account to join another member level and have another billing agreement, I see.

Ok thanks.

Anyone have a cleaner method? I understand the the level 1 access and have restrictions based on categories and tags, then they can upgrade to get more access but still have 1 billing agreement I guess the main thing with me is that I need multiple billings on 1 account of 2 levels that are unrelated to one another.

The reason for this is 1 membership can last 6 months while another can last 1 year. So with single billing everything will have to be consolidated where as I need the customer to be able to cancel 2 billing agreements separately

Ok, thanks everyone!

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:34 am #7387
Staff Member

Selling Custom Capabilities might be a route to explore.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms

Posted: Wednesday Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:37 am #7541
Hello

Thanks a lot Jason, much appreciated, will take a look at that!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.