latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add avatar and digest to profile?

Home Forums Community Forum Add avatar and digest to profile?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Brenda Jones 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:19 pm #27683

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:55 am #27701

Hi Brenda.

One thing I can’t figure out how to display is the user avatar. I have the plugin User Avatar v 1.4.11 by E Bajgoric which works with WP and bbpress — but maybe not with s2M? Is there a way to add that as another custom field?

Second, I also have Milan Dinic’s bbPress Digest v.2 installed. How do I get the option for that added as a special field?

s2Member doesn’t have an interface to customize its profile form. You’ll need to hack the source files for it to achieve it.

If they try to click on the special toolbar “howdy” option at the top of the screen, it does nothing (which is okay IF they can access their s2member profiles elsewhere). HOWEVER, when I log in as admin, I cannot get to the special login page at all, no matter what I click on on the site’s menu bar (home button or welcome). When I click on the toolbar “howdy” profile option, I only go to the more detailed one. Am I stuck with that since I’m an admin?

Did you customize the profile modifications using the s2Member setting for it? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]

s2Member doesn’t restrict the admin, so this may be why you have a different behavior when logged in to the admin account.

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 2:31 pm #27734

s2Member doesn’t have an interface to customize its profile form. You’ll need to hack the source files for it to achieve it.

Thanks for responding on a weekend! I guess what I was asking is, is there some way to add the “Digest options” through the “Add new field” portion of s2member? Ditto for the avatar plugin. I’m not seeing it, but I thought I had read somewhere in your documentation that there was some way to add a new field that might include the code for these two items.

I guess on the “my profile” page I could add the code directly below the s2member profile code – IF the plugins allow for that. Unfortunately I am basically a “script kiddie” and anything much beyond “here is the code, drop it into your html editor thusly” will do me and the site in. :-/ We don’t really want to hack source files, anyway, because we’re trying to keep it plug and play as much as possible.

If I figure out a way, I’ll come back and post it.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:58 am #27881

I guess what I was asking is, is there some way to add the “Digest options” through the “Add new field” portion of s2member?

I’m not sure what you mean by digest options.

Ditto for the avatar plugin. I’m not seeing it, but I thought I had read somewhere in your documentation that there was some way to add a new field that might include the code for these two items.

Avatars can’t be uploaded. One thing you could do with the custom fields, though, is ask for a URL to the avatar and then use that field to populate an HTML img tag. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_get_user_field%28%29

Or use an avatar plugin.

I guess on the “my profile” page I could add the code directly below the s2member profile code

Right, you could do that. Include the profile form first, and after that add other things. The other things won’t be submitted/edited with the profile form, though, since they’d be outside of it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 11:14 am #27897

I’m not sure what you mean by digest options.

I’m sorry! I forgot to include that plugin in my list. It is simply called bbpress Digest, by Milan Dinic. Very helpful, but not a part of s2member.

And yes, I am using the plugin User Avatar v 1.4.11 by E Bajgoric. But I will have to get my webmaster/coder to add both of these to the page. That is beyond my skillset. :-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.