latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add billing address to Buddypress profile

Home Forums Community Forum Add billing address to Buddypress profile

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 18th, 2012 at 1:45 pm #25718

Hello, I see that a custom registration field in s2member carries over to Buddypress profiles, but I do not see the billing info.

How can I include the billing address fields used in s2member registration to show on a Buddypress profile page?

(edit) How can it also be included in the WordPress User profile?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by  Gary Violet.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 19th, 2012 at 6:16 am #25756

Hi Gary.

How can I include the billing address fields used in s2member registration to show on a Buddypress profile page?

Well, those fields are the gateway to process the payment, they aren’t stored by s2Member.

You can create custom profile fields to store them, and that’d show in the WP and BP profile pages.

But those wouldn’t be synched with the fields for payment in the pro-form, since they’re separate. The user would need to fill them out again, or you’d have to create a hack that synchs them.

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 2:02 pm #25978

Would it be possible to use this hack to do it? http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/custom-sign-up-page/#post-18272

Add the billing info as custom fields, remove the billing info in the template?

Posted: Thursday Sep 20th, 2012 at 10:34 pm #26008
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Gary,

No, you would need to leave the s2Member Billing Info fields in the template, as they are required to process payments.

However, you could create a second set of billing info fields using the Custom Registration Fields (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields) and then modify the Pro-Form template and add some JavaScript that automatically updates the Custom Registration Fields with whatever the user adds s2Member Billing Fields.

Then you could simply use some CSS Styles to hide all those additional fields so the user doesn’t see them. When the user presses submit, the additional billing info fields will also be submitted in the background, effectively storing the data on their account.

A PHP/JavaScript programmer should be able to make these modifications for you and if you need to hire someone, we recommend jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.