latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add Groups and members

Home Forums Community Forum Add Groups and members

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 7:40 am #17946
LG
Username: lg
I want to create 3 types of registration
 1. Standard User
 2 .Group owner
 3. Group member.

Standard Users will work normally.

Group Owner can purchase the number of member s/he wants in groups and pay accordingly.

Group member will insert the code given by group owner can can register or login for free.

Group owner can increase the number of member anytime and can pay again.

I know this functionality not in s2 but direct me where to start to get the required results

Please give suggestions how to create this functionality

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 1st, 2012 at 9:25 pm #18047

Hi Eric.

Well, s2Member doesn’t give special capabilities as creating users, so you’ll need to do some customizations.

Rather than giving the user the ability to create users, I’d have a script generate a number of unique vouchers that will be given to the user when he pays for the group. Then he could give those to his people to use on registration.

For the registration it wouldn’t be possible to use the coupon codes, because those don’t allow a 100% discount to make it a completely free registration. You can work with the free registration pro-form, but the voucher validation would need to be done by your script.

You’d also need to store vouchers somewhere to keep track of which have been used, and which are valid when submitted to register.

That’s the way I’d approach it. I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:08 am #18060
LG

But i want the group owner can purchase the number of members so that members can login for free and after that group owner can increase the members & can pay again.

And Group owner can check the number of group members in his/her group so that s/he can edit , delete that members.

And one more thing , when user creates the group then s/he will pay accodingly the number of members s/he want is his/her group.

eg. if i want 5 members in my group then i will pay 25 USD ( 5 USD for each member )
If if i want 10 members in my group then i will pay 50 USD ( 5 USD for each member )

Basically i need complete group system.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 12:53 am #18124
LG

More than 24 hours and no reply ,..
please reply asap.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:33 am #18177

Sorry for the delay, Erik.

I’m afraid s2Member doesn’t have these features yet, that’s why I suggested some ideas to customize it, but I see they may not be enough for what you’re trying to build.

I think you should find a good developer to build this customization for you. I understand there are good freelancers in sites like jobs.wordpress.net, eLance or oDesk. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 9:10 am #18192
LG

Thanks for your reply
Ok, i understand.

I have one more query.

I want to send user an email with the user database id when they register and i want this only for user level 4

Please please reply asap :)

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 8:21 am #18281
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

You’d need to use a hook/filter to achieve that. This should point you in the right direction. If you need further help with this, I suggest hiring a developer. This type of custom coding is outside the scope of our support policy.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 9:02 am #18291
LG

Thanks,

i have done this.

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 1:50 am #18345
LG

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I have another query :)

i want to add action when user paid subscription is over.
I have checked all the your forum topics and youhad given the solution that check if membership level is 0 then print your message.

But i am using free membership level whci is 0 also.
so i can’t display message for free membership level.

I want a specific condition when user level was more then 0 means paid level and now EOT reached.

Looking for help.

Thanks

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 8:47 am #18380
LG

How repayment works, means when 30 days trial what i had set is over ?

Is paypal will deduct automatically from my user account or i will have to give user some button ( i tried to fill the same form again after login but it deduct the trial amount again ).

Please reply my queries.

and please let me know the action which trigger after repayment and action which trigger to demote the user.
I want to execute the database queries both times.

Thanks in advance

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  LG.
Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 2:16 am #18419
LG

Waiting for reply..

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:06 am #18472
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi Eric,

When the user’s subscription is over or the user is demoted, an EOT event will occur. Please see the Auto EOT System hooks and study the code there.

I want a specific condition when user level was more then 0 means paid level and now EOT reached.

Your condition would need to check if the user is Level 0 and also has a “paid access time”, which would mean he had paid access before and was demoted to Level 0. http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_s2member_paid_registration_time%28%29

If you offer a 30-day free trial using a Free Subscription form, then you need to have the user upgrade their account and pay for a membership (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms).

If you offer a paid membership with an Initial/Trial period (using one of the Pro-Form level forms), then the user will automatically be charged after the Initial/Trial period is over — there is nothing you need to do.

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 8:28 am #18479
LG

Thanks a lot Raam…..

that’s what i was looking for … the exact answer that i was searching.

Thanks Raam…

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 4:46 am #18535
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Glad to help! :)

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 3:29 am #18647
LG

Hi Raam,

Is there any way in which i can change the recurring amount of the user.

For example – i have give the trial to them $2 for 30 days and $30/month after that.

But now i want to change the amount after trail, its $15/month after trail and user should be paid $15 on 1st day after trail.

Is there any field in Database which stores the amount which needs to deducted after trail.

I am developer myself and i can do custom coding , but i need your help.

Thanks

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 9:53 pm #18739

Eric, when the subscription already exists that’s handled by the gateway, so you’d need to check if it’s possible there.

s2Member is just notified about the payments, it doesn’t manage them. You have control over the payments with s2Member in the button to start a subscription, but not once it’s started.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 2:07 am #18869
LG

Thanks Cristián,

Your support really helping me to achieve my goals.

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 5:07 am #18895

No problem. Glad to help!

I hope you achieve your goals soon! :D

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:31 am #19120
LG

Hi,

When user cancel his/her subscription or forgot to pay.

Then after login users level changes to 0 because there subscription is cancelled but when user again tries to pay the amount ( obviously after login to activate account ) then custom fields are not visible.

and again i want to deduct the amount some multiple of the custom field while reactivating the account.

Last time i had done this with “ws_plugin__s2member_pro_paypal_checkout_post_attr ” filter while they register first time.

Sorry i think its confusing.

I just want that custom field must show in form while reactivating account and amount deduction will be multiple to that custom field while reactivating account.

Please direct me how to do this.

Thanks

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 7:59 am #19161

Eric, I’m a bit confused. What custom field are you referring to? The custom attribute from the shortcode (the one with your domain name) or a custom profile field you created with s2Member?

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:19 am #19162
LG

Sorry for confusion…

I have created some extra fields like number of members, group name in registration form which user fills while signup .

I had mentioned that fields in previous message.

Thanks

Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 6:23 am #19285

Okay, so you want the custom profile field to show up in the pro-form when the user upgrades his account from Level 0 back to the paid Level, right?

The thing is that custom profile fields only show up in registration forms, so the upgrade doesn’t have the custom fields since it’s just for payment, the user is already registered. :/

Can do you do without this custom field in the upgrade pro-form?

Posted: Monday Jul 16th, 2012 at 11:59 pm #19436
LG

Hi Cristián,

sorry but i want to show that fields to user so that they can edit that.

I am developer myself so can do custom coding also, please let me know in which file i need to change.

Looking for reply soon.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 7:20 am #19488

I understand, but the pro-form for upgrades won’t show those fields, it’s just for payment.

For profile edits it’s better to take them to their profile page. You can also use the shortcode available to have a profile form in another page. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]

You can use the pro-form’s success attribute to send the user to the profile form after checkout. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.