latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Add %%role%% to New User Notification Message

Home Forums Community Forum Add %%role%% to New User Notification Message

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 2:38 am #25269
Allen W
Username: allenw

I’ve added %%role%% (and %%ccaps%%) to the Admin. New User Notification Message but it’s not returning either variable in the emails – should these work?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:56 am #25287

Hi Allen.

Those replacement codes aren’t available in the New User email, so they won’t work. The available ones are listed below the box where you edit the email: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Sep 14th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #25326
Allen W

Thanks, Cristian

Isn’t there any way to do this? It seems like such a simple thing? I just want to see immediately when I have a new member what level they are. (Without having to log in) And if they have any CCaps

(and it would also be nice if the new member saw in their email “your ‘Platinum’ Membership is approved” not just the generic “Membership is approved”)

The Aweber new subscriber notification email includes:

Role: s2member_level3
Level: 3
CCaps:

But I can’t rely on getting that because they’re subscribed automatically and the rule with all auto-subs. is they must double opt in first.

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 6:50 am #25401

Isn’t there any way to do this?

You could use the Signup Notification’s email with the [hilite mono]%%item_number%%[/hilite] and [hilite mono]%%item_name%%[/hilite] replacement codes. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Signup Notifications -> Email[/hilite]

Posted: Saturday Sep 15th, 2012 at 3:17 pm #25434
Allen W

I tried adding the the %%item_number%% and %%item_name%% replacement codes to the “Administrative New User Notification” in both the subject and the message but neither appears in the email. What am I missing here?

Posted: Sunday Sep 16th, 2012 at 7:11 am #25470

Those replacement codes aren’t available in the New User email, I mentioned them in relation to the Sign Up Notification. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Signup Notifications[/hilite]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.