latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

add si captcha to s2 pro inline reg

Home Forums Community Forum add si captcha to s2 pro inline reg

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:07 pm #11159

I’m using s2 pro’s inline registration shortcode on a custom reg page.

How do I add si captcha to the s2 pro inline reg page ?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  RK Creative.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 4:37 am #11203

Are you using one of s2Member’s pro-forms for this? If so, it has a captcha, no need to use SI Captcha. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -> captcha[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:36 am #11229

Unfortunately my users hate recaptcha which seems the only option s2 pro forms provides. They prefer the simple text captcha that si captcha provides.

Therefore I need to add a si captcha to a s2 pro reg form.

Can you show me how to do this ?

Alternately is there any way to tweak s2’s pro recpatcha to display only 1 word, not 2 words ?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  RK Creative.
Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 2:04 am #11328

Sorry, I don’t know how to add SI Captcha to a pro-form, cause it’s not just a matter of adding it to the form, it also has to validate, so the customization is a bit more involved.

You can have someone develop it if you really need it, but reCaptcha is quite common now and most people are used to it.

I don’t know how to have it show one word only, either, since the two words image is part of what’s behind the reCaptcha idea. http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:59 am #11369

Thanks Cristian,

I misunderstood the advice on this site. I had read that SI Captcha was recommended & works with s2member.

Which is completely true if I’m using the standard vanilla wp login page. I have tried it and si captcha integrates with no issue on a standard wp login page including validation.

I think what you’re telling me is that si captcha does not integrate into s2 pro’s inline reg form unless there is some serious work done under the hood.

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:12 pm #11443

Right, SI Captcha doesn’t work with pro-forms, as far as I know. Where did you read that it does?

It does work with the default registration/login page even if you’re using s2Member.

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:18 pm #11446

The recommendation to use SI Captcha was somewhere in Jason’s post here

but now I see it does not work with pro forms.

Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:36 pm #11450

Ah, I see. Yeah, he was making a distinction there between the registration/login and the pro-forms, but I can understand how what he said could be read the way you did. I’m sorry about that.

The thing is that SI Captcha can’t really work with any custom form other plugins add. They can hook to the default login/reg form WP has, of course, since it’s the default. So s2Member’s pro-forms won’t be something SI Captcha will work with, the pro-form has to have its own captcha solution, and it does, but it’s using the reCaptcha service.

I hope that helps understand it better.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.