latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Adjust PayPal Monthly Subscription Amount

Home Forums Community Forum Adjust PayPal Monthly Subscription Amount

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 4:45 am #31666

I’m just getting started with ‘Pro’ and so far things are going well – have gained several subscribers in a few hours, but I need to adjust the amount they will be charged when they renew their subscription next month.

I’m assuming PayPal will not just charge whatever the current Button Price is, (or will they)?
Any help here will be greatly appreciated.
Andy

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:00 am #31681

Hi Andy.

Are you selling a subscription or each month separately with buy-now transactions? Could you show me the shortcode for the button, please? Thanks. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:09 am #31682

Thanks for your response, Cristián,

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Full Member / Unlimited Access to Online Sheepdog Training Tutorials" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.workingsheepdog.co.uk" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="3.50" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Andy

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:24 am #31686

Hi Andy.

According to [hilite mono]ra="3.50" rp="1" rt="M"[/hilite], the customer would be charged 3.50 mothly by PayPal. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

To change the amount, you’d need to try that from PayPal, s2Member can’t change it. If PayPal doesn’t let you change the recurring amount, then you’d need to cancel the subscription and have the user start a new one with the new amount.

If what you want is to have the first month’s payment be different from the following ones, I’d use the initial term for that.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 9:40 am #31690

Thanks Cristián,

I understand.
This was an error (the first two members were charged 1 cent per month instead of 3.50!) but what if I accumulate thousands of customers – and in five years’ time I need to increase the monthly subscription?

Is there a procedure for that?
Andy

Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 3:26 pm #31719
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Andy,

If you want to change the user’s subscription, you need to provide the user with an billing modification form. PayPal does not provide any method of mass-updating the recurring amount for multiple subscriptions.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.