latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Admin controlling new user notification

Home Forums Community Forum Admin controlling new user notification

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cliff Thornton 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 12:17 am #50411

I followed the steps by Bruce here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/members-directory-and-custom-registratio-form/

I only want the new user email to be triggered once I approve it, but it is emailing the user id and password before I approve it.

Steps I followed from Bruce:

1. Make sure that you have Custom Passwords turned OFF in your Registration/Profile Fields Options. This will ensure that a user cannot log in until you send them their password.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields

2. Edit your New User Notification Emails to ensure that the user will not receive their email until you send it to them. Here you can also specific recipients of the Administrative New User Notification.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration

Now you will be notified every time a user signs up, and they will be denied access until you send them their password. Will that work for you?

I used to have various bulk approve User plug-ins, but they were causing conflicts with not sending the right content.
Pulling my hair out on this…

Cheers
Cliff

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 5:39 pm #50669
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Cliff,

The reason that it isn’t working is because this method that Bruce described doesn’t really work that way. In theory it sounds right, but it doesn’t work that way.

s2Member does not have an approving system. It’s possible Bruce just made a mistake, or what the user needed was different.

In any case, the nearest you can get to this behavior is if you offer your content at a higher level than at the one the user registers. They can login and everything, but at least they don’t really have access to anything until you upgrade their level (approve them).

– Eduan

Posted: Monday May 27th, 2013 at 7:57 pm #50728

Thanks Eduan,

Ok, what I’ll do is follow the steps you suggested and is also listed here – http://winkpress.com/membership-plugin/tutorial/
Once a new user signs up then I’ll change their membership from Level 0 to Level 1 and add their forum rights at the same time.
So right now I’ll go in and update the pages so they are all Level 1 instead of Level 0…

btw perhaps someone has had better luck than I with a bulk approver plug-in. The various ones I’ve tried override S2’s emails with their own reply content and one of them actually changed the user’s password from a user’s manually entered one into a random generated one.

Cheers
Cliff

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.