latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Administrative Role Permissions

Home Forums Community Forum Administrative Role Permissions

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 9:47 am #54223

I recently created a new user and assigned them as an administrator. However when they try to log in they receive this message:

“You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

Did I miss something during the user creation? Is it not as simple as adding a user and assigning Admin privileges? I am not sure if I have to enter something in the s2member profile options.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:15 am #54231

This is not the correct behavior, and I can confirm this does not happen on a clean installation of WordPress. Have you tried this yourself on a clean install yet? It almost sounds like you could have another plugin causing a conflict, or that your WP Roles/Capabilities have been corrupted.

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 12:04 pm #54236

Thanks for the reply. I have no idea what the issue is. I just did a re-install of wordpress and deleted and re-created the admin user and I am still getting the same issue. I am at a loss. If I assign any amin related role such as Author, Editor, Contributor, etc. I get this error. If I assign any of the s2member roles I can log in. My main admin account obviously still allows me to log in as well. Please help! I have no idea what to do here.

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 3:43 pm #54245

I have downloaded the “Capabilities Manager Enhanced” Plugin and was able to solve the issue.

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 1:55 am #54261

Oh, great! Thanks for replying back to let us know.
Did you restore Roles/Caps or what was the underlying issue?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.