latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Advice on how to create a Lead Capture Page

Home Forums Community Forum Advice on how to create a Lead Capture Page

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  emanuele venditti 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 1st, 2013 at 8:21 am #51128

Hi there,

hope you can give some advice on how to proceed with this.

I need to create a mini website similar to this:
http://makemarketlaunch.com

I am using Optimize Press.

What I will have is a simple Lead Capture Landing Page as the homepage of the website, containing a simple form that will collect name and email. This form will be linked to MailChimp and automatically add the new user to my MailChimp list and autoresponder.I understand it’s a bit of a problem to create an S2Member Registration Form that doesn’t have a username, but I have found the posts that describe how to do that.

The simplified S2Member Registration Form needs to grants user access to the free mini website (created using Optimize Press’ Membership module).

Once the user has entered their name/email they will be able to access the website, where they will find the first of a series of videos. The next day they will find another one and so on.

I know I need to use the Content Dripping feature, but I’d really appreciate some advice on how to create this scenario:

– lead capture page as the website homepage
– integration of the S2Member lead capture form with Mailchimp
– have subscribes automatically assigned the Free Membership(there will be a Paid membership too)
– implementing the Content Dripping feature so that also the internal navigation menu is affected by the content dripping (meaning, on day 1, the first menu tab is active and the other 3 are not; on day 2 the first two tabs are active and the other two are not, etc)

I really hope you can point me in the right direction! Thank you so much!
Cheers

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 3:05 am #51270

Hi Emanuele,

I have used OP as well and found it to be very cumbersome to handle and outdated.

Since I have been a user of LeadPages ( http://aschne.com/leadpages – affiliate link / http://leadpages.net – non-affiliate link) I have never looked back. This is by far the easiest to use lead generation page creator I have seen. The created pages are mobile responsive, look great on all browsers and they have lots of templates for video pages, blog pages and so on.

I highly recommend to check them out. The Opt-in pages convert really well and for the user it is much easier since he does not need to formally register. I tried that before but did not pursue it any further since it would be too much programming that I just didn´t want spend the time on.

What I do for my membership sites is:

Content dripping is used by me only for paying customers. For free content series I have setup an autoresponder series with links to my landing pages.

On each landing page there is a clear call to action and no menu or whatsoever is shown.

I hope this helps.

Best
Alex

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:19 am #51273
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response.

– lead capture page as the website homepage
– integration of the S2Member lead capture form with Mailchimp

With this portion, I can’t help with. This is to do with Optimize Press, which s2Member does not directly integrate with, and you mentioned that you customized s2Member’s registration form to skip username field?

I can tell you that when you sign a User up through s2Member, they will be added to a list that you set up here in your Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› MailChimp®

– have subscribes automatically assigned the Free Membership(there will be a Paid membership too)

If you’re using s2Member’s registration forms, this shouldn’t be an issue. Just specify the level that you want the User to be signed up at in your Shortcode’s level attribute.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

– implementing the Content Dripping feature so that also the internal navigation menu is affected by the content dripping (meaning, on day 1, the first menu tab is active and the other 3 are not; on day 2 the first two tabs are active and the other two are not, etc)

I went over changing your navigation menu based on s2Member’s PHP Conditionals here:

https://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/drip-feeding-content-and-menu/#post-43148

As far as your Content Drip goes, this will vary based on what content you want to drip. You can find examples of Content Drips here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping

Also See: Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:50 am #51285

Hi Alex,
and thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately I am “stuck” with Optimize Press, as I’ve already purchased it.
I can see how cumbersome it is but I am getting my head around it! Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:59 am #51289

Hi Bruce and thanks for your reply!
Thanks for all the info, especially the Menu Dripping code!

I should perhaps rephrase the first part of my question! It did sound like I was after help with Optimize Press! Sorry about that!

What I basically have is a simple page with a form, that only collects name and email. How can I place S2Member code there so that the person entering their name and address is added to S2Member as a Level 0 Member? What I mean is, I am trying to minimise the stuff on the page and the info requested of the visitor, so I don’t want to use Pro Forms to subscribe them.
Is this even possible?

Thanks for the help! Appreciate it!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:01 am #51290
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

What I basically have is a simple page with a form, that only collects name and email. How can I place S2Member code there so that the person entering their name and address is added to S2Member as a Level 0 Member?

You can replace your current form with an s2Member Pro Free Registration Form, available here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms

Also make sure that you have MailChimp set up here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / List Servers -› MailChimp®

Then, you can have Users sign up, and be put on your MailChimp list automatically.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:51 am #51306

Cheers mate!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.