latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Affiliate coupon codes

Home Forums Community Forum Affiliate coupon codes

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 6:11 pm #13224

Is it possible to create coupon codes to help track word-of-mouth affiliates with s2member? Do you need any additional plugins to do this?

Thanks!
Jeni

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 11:19 pm #13252
cassel
Username: cassel

I am not 100% sure of this, simply because i never had the need to use it, but s2Member Pro has pro-forms that allow you to create and use coupons. Since you create your own coupon, i think that you can give them prefixes to help you track where they got the coupon.

Hope it helps, and maybe a more advanced support person can be more specific.

Posted: Friday May 11th, 2012 at 11:34 pm #13255

Thanks, cassel – I need to know before I purchase this for a client; we’re looking for something similar to Dreamhost’s system, which allows affiliates to create a discount code and subtracts the discount from the affiliate’s commission. It’s a great incentive for both affiliate and purchaser. I hope to hear from someone with definitive info –

Thanks!

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 4:54 am #13279

Hi Jeni.

Cassel is right about you being able to create suffixed coupon codes for affiliates, but they can’t be created by the affiliates, and it won’t adjust commissions based on their discount either.

s2Member doesn’t manage the affiliate program, it just sends some information to the affiliate solution you integrate with, e.g. iDevAffiliate.

If the aff script can do that adjustment to the commission based on a var you pass to it, then you may be able to do it. The affiliate coupon codes can also be with the aff script, here’s a screenshot of the interface (click to enlarge):

I hope that helps.

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 9:07 am #13301

Thanks! Just the info I needed.

Posted: Saturday May 12th, 2012 at 3:26 pm #13310

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.