latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Affiliate management?

Home Forums Community Forum Affiliate management?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:34 am #8535
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

I am curious if S2member has any tools for affiliate management? I am wondering if my content membership site could have an affiliate program though I can’t really remember seeing this elsewhere, maybe you have some examples of sites that do? If s2 does not have this function are there plugins/tools you suggest I look at that might integrate well with s2? I saw nancast has some affiliate programs but maybe that’s apples and oranges, so to speak….

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:46 am #8536
cassel
Username: cassel

s2Member does not have an affiliate management system. On my site, i use WP Affiliate. It is pretty simple to use and versatile. It is not free but not that expensive. s2M however, integrates with Clickbank and iDevaffiliate if you want to go that route (that is the Pro version of s2M though).

Hope it helps.

Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:52 am #8538
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

Thanks Cassel, just to be clear I am talking about if my site is the parent site and I want to manage my affiliates that are sending me incoming traffic? Is your site a content-providing site? If so would be interested to learn the URL.

Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 12:09 pm #8541
cassel
Username: cassel

My site is http://scrapbookcampus.com

The WP affiliate plugin allows anyone to become YOUR affiliate and send YOU traffic. They are assigned a specific ID and they will use their special URL (which includes their ID) to send you some traffic. You can create a different URL for each “product” you sell, whether it is a downloadable product or a membership. If a visitor uses their link, and makes a purchase, it will be recorded under your affiliate ID. At the end of the month, you simply compile the data for your affiliates and pay them. You can also choose a different commission rate per affiliate too, meaning you can have John get 20%, but Frank can get 30% and Steve gets 50%. That is all up to you.

That plugin works fine alongside s2M except if you are using Custom variables since WP Affiliate uses the cv1 as the ID so if you need Custo variables for s2M, you should work around that (it is not hard at all but probably does not need the explanation here).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.