latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Allowing clients to change password

Home Forums Community Forum Allowing clients to change password

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mary Sullivan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 12:18 pm #22010

I’m sure this is simple but I’ve searched the forums and can’t find it.

In the Registration/Profile Fields and Options section of the General Options, I’ve set up the “Allow Custom Passwords during Registration” to No. However, is there another place where I can allow the customer to change their password later, if the automated password is too hard for them to remember?

What happens now is, if they click on their Profile at the top right, it just “blinks” and keeps them on the landing page that I set up.

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 7:46 am #22065
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Mary,

You can use the [s2Member-Profile /] shortcode to offer this (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications).

Alternatively, you could just point them to the default WordPress lost password page (/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword), which will ask them for their Username and then email them a password reset link. When they click that link, they will be asked to create a new password.

Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 10:03 am #22358

Thank you, that’s a big help!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.