latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Content Drip Rotation

Home Forums Community Forum Content Drip Rotation

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 29th, 2012 at 8:16 pm #32959

I would like to change the content drip every 24 hours. I would like different content available each day.
The content would be available only that day, it would rotate every 7 days. Can I do this?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Charlene.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Charlene.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 10:50 am #33016
cassel
Username: cassel

Are you trying to display the content based on the member’s registration time, or have the content independant of the time of registration?

If you want it based on the member’s registration time, you can go with the Dripping feature of s2M but would probably have to add some kind of calculation to know if it is 1 day after a complete cycle of 7 days, or 2 days after or 3, etc.

If it is totally independant on when the member registered, then you might be able to use the Date(Ymd) but again, i am not familiar enough to know how to make the calculation for the 7 day cycle (i only know how to set a specific date, like “display content X on Nov 30th”). Someone might be able to help you for those specifics. In a similar situation, i just ask my programmer for help (his name is Krum ;) )

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 2:06 pm #33029

Thanks for your response,

This is what I plan to use:

// If the user has been paid for your site for at least 1 day
= 0){ ?>
Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 1 day ago.

// If the user has been paid for your site for at least 2 days
= 0){ ?>
Drip content to Members that started paying you at least 2 days ago.

I have 18 workouts, after reaching the 18th workout the subscriber will over with workout 1, what I need to know is how do I grant acess to each individually using only one subscription and then recycle the same workouts.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 2:23 pm #33031
cassel

A couple of questions here to help:

– do you have only one product/course that the members can register/pay for?
– do you have the option where the member might have a free registration before paying?

I have 18 workouts, after reaching the 18th workout the subscriber will over with workout 1, what I need to know is how do I grant acess to each individually using only one subscription and then recycle the same workouts.

Could you clarify this? do you mean that after workout 18 is over, the member goes back to workout 1 to recycle?

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 2:38 pm #33032

Yes, it is a only one course. There is not a free registration period.

The member goes back to workout 18 to recycle.

Posted: Friday Nov 30th, 2012 at 3:22 pm #33033
cassel

Then, i would assume that you will need some kind of calculation so that the dripping will count how many days within the cycle it is. I am not familiar with the math in php (as i assume that is what you will need). Once you get that “formula” to calculate “number of days since the member is registered / 18 = how many cycles + extras” (this is not a formal math formula but just illustrates the principle) you will be able to insert it in the conditional.

I am sure someone will be able to give you the formula, but that someone is not me, unfortunately. Let`s wait for a PHP expert :)

Good luck.

Posted: Saturday Dec 1st, 2012 at 10:55 am #33108
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charlene,

In this case what I would do is do the normal setup, but check for when the 18 day comes, when that happens it should set a variable that tells the system to start all over again, and every time the 18 day comes it adds to another variable, which would keep track of how many cycles have passed.

That’s how I would do it, and the easiest method by far, probably.

– Eduan

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.