latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon CDN PROBLEMS

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon CDN PROBLEMS

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  charles 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 11:00 am #30905
charles
Username: chase

Hello guys Im having problems with s2member and my amazon content delivery. ok I uploaded the files I wanted into s3 bucket then got all the keys or passwords from amazon s3 then placed it s2member. when I check my site speed it still says I have no cdn which is I do have and that I should put the following files in on a cdn which are mainly s2member png images. On my s3 bucket I placed all of s2member files and the pro files in the bucket but its not working NO performace in speed noticed. how I did it was by downloading s2member and pro to my computer from this website. then I uploaded them into s3. Im also using cloudfront and also placed all the keys s2member require then hit saved. I got a message saying wait 30mins for propagtion. I did but my website it still not fast enough. The only time my website loads under one second is when s2member is deactivated. but when activated it takes about 3-4 seconds. why does it do that? I just want this website to load quick. Please can someone let me know if i installed my s2member and pro files properly in to s3 or let me know what Im doing wrong or give me a step by step tutorial on how to get s2member and pro into amazon cdn so that my site can load faster. thanks. those videos tutorials are a little confusing and are not in depth. thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:08 pm #30952
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Chase,

It sounds like you’re trying to do caching on your website, which is outside the realm of the s2Member plugin. The s2Member plugin integrates with Amazon S3 and CloudFront for providing file downloads, but if you’re trying to cache the entire website and/or the s2Member plugin itself, you’ll need to consult with the developers of the plugin you’re using to do that caching. If you’re not comfortable with PHP and/or WordPress, you may want to post your job on jobs.wordpress.net.

If you or your developer have any specific questions related to how s2Member works, we will be happy to help.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 7th, 2012 at 9:43 pm #30974
charles

I knew I was not going to get the proper response. wow you guys never seem to answer my questions. I dont now how or where u got that from, I’M not trying to put my whole site on the cdn OK, If u read what I wrote uptop properly U would know this. Never not once did I mentioned that I was trying to put my whole website on the cdn. ALL I WANT ON THE CDN IS s2member and pro files which is what is slowing down my website IM having problems with that I NEED DETAILED ANSWERS ON HOW TO DO THAT PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST. TELL ME HOW DO U TAKE ALL OF S2 AND PRO FILES AND PLACE IT IN S3 BUCKET. This is supposed to help with the load time of my website. OK, S2pro images according to GT metrix is what is slowing down my website and they said I should put those images on a CDN. AGAIN I dont know how many times I gotta say this. Dont steer me the wrong way OK PLEASE READ BEFORE U POST. This is very fraustrating. Do I have to say this again I will for the confused ones. HOW DO YOU PUT S2 PRO IMAGES IN S3 AMAZON. JUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT DONT REFER ME TO SOME VIDEO THATS NOT VERY CLEAR ON THE PROCESS. THANKS. READ BEFORE U POST. Jesus.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  charles.
Posted: Thursday Nov 8th, 2012 at 8:25 am #31017

Hi Chase.

The thing is that the Amazon integration that s2Member does, is to restrict access to downloads you want to protect. The Amazon integration is not for the s2Member files themselves, so configuring that integration doesn’t do what you’re asking for.

You can upload the s2Member image files to Amazon, but then you’d need to point all URLs to those copies instead of the ones in the plugins directory. You can either edit s2Member’s files to change all links to the images, or you could try creating a rewrite rule in .htaccess so that all requests are redirected to your Amazon copy.

You can also check the caching plugins available for WordPress, some of them integrate with Amazon to upload a copy of some files there, so they can be served faster. I know theme and uploaded files would be copied to Amazon, but I don’t know if it includes plugin files too.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Nov 9th, 2012 at 6:52 am #31121
charles

thank u cristian that explained alot. I was very confused on how this process work thanks for explaining this to me this help out a lot.

Posted: Saturday Nov 10th, 2012 at 7:25 am #31200

I’m glad I could help. :)

Posted: Saturday Nov 10th, 2012 at 9:19 am #31217
charles

One more question, so how do I point all s2files or images to amazon I dont know how to access them. Thanks

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 7:10 am #31283

You’d need to find the code where the link to that image is, and edit it, for each image.

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 10:32 am #31316
charles

yeah but how do you access those s2 link images I dont know where to find them. thanks

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 6:36 pm #31377

You’d need to search for them in the code… You can use a text editor that lets you search in multiple files (like all files in a certain directory), and look for the file’s name. I use EditPlus, but there are other editors that can do it too.

For example, visa-card.png can be found in these files:
s2member-pro\includes\separates\gateways\paypal\paypal.css
s2member-pro\includes\separates\gateways\authnet\authnet.css

Posted: Monday Nov 12th, 2012 at 6:39 pm #31380

In the CSS file you’ll find that all image files have before them [hilite code][/hilite], which seems to be the variable for the path to that file. It wouldn’t be hard to change the value of that variable at the beginning of the file so all point to the Amazon bucket.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 1:53 pm #31593
charles

ok thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.