latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon CloudFront Distribution and JW Player

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon CloudFront Distribution and JW Player

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #23614
Susan Leinen
Username: sleinen

I have a WordPress Membership Subscription site that I am working on and s2member seems like the perfect fit. Here are my requirements and a few questions I’ve already got:
– Single login (bbPress, WordPress, s2member, and shopping cart of some kind)
– Restrict viewing of videos based on membership level (I couldn’t see how to do this kind of restriction through your settings.)
– Restrict viewing of pages (forums, blog, etc) by membership level

Is this all possible through s2member, Amazon s3 and JW Player? (I’ll need the pro version to use authorize.net.)

I’ve started configuring s2member – I set up the Amazon S3 account and bucket and configured that part per your video tutorial and I did the CloudFront as well, but got the following error:
Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Downloads Distro. Bad Request
When I looked at the Management Console, there is no distribution showing – Any clue what I missed? (Obviously, I’m new to Amazon S3.)

Also, I added the JW player plugin – is that different than installing JW Player per the tutorial?

Is there a shopping cart that is compatible with s2member?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Susan Leinen.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 7:18 pm #23625
Susan Leinen

Ok – I got the Cloudfront to configure properly. I changed my bucket name to all lowercase (not sure if that was what fixed it, but it’s working now.)
I’d still love some feedback about my requirements – see above.
thanks,

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 5:47 am #23662

Hi Susan.

– Single login (bbPress, WordPress, s2member, and shopping cart of some kind)

bbPress and s2Member are WP plugins, the login session is handled by WP. If your shopping cart is a plugin too, it’d be included too.

– Restrict viewing of videos based on membership level (I couldn’t see how to do this kind of restriction through your settings.)

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Basic Download Restrictions[/hilite]

– Restrict viewing of pages (forums, blog, etc) by membership level

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options[/hilite]
Video » s2Member (bbPress Bridge Integration)

Is this all possible through s2member, Amazon s3 and JW Player? (I’ll need the pro version to use authorize.net.)

Yeah. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› JW Player® & RTMP Protocol Examples[/hilite]

Also, I added the JW player plugin – is that different than installing JW Player per the tutorial?

A bit. This article may help: Knowledge Base » JW Player sample code not working

Is there a shopping cart that is compatible with s2member?

Compatible in what way? That you can restrict access to it with s2Member? If so, yeah, as long as the shopping cart is a WP plugin, you could use the URI restriction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 31st, 2012 at 8:49 pm #23756
Susan Leinen

I still have not been able to get the JW player to show up on a page.
Here is the temp url on the site. (You can use the “sign in ” page to sign in as user: tester pw:test.)
http://50.22.81.94/~wallyarm/
The player should appear on the home page using the configuration outlined in the video.
The file, video.mp4, is in the Amazon S3 bucket.

I’ve also tried to put just the JW player on the “My Player page” using their wizard and configuration but it doesn’t show up there either.
I’m on hostgator and using Catalyst theme.

I understand I’m asking for support without yet being a paying customer, but I need to know that this is going to work and then I’ll be happy to pay.
thanks,

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 9:16 pm #23972
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Susan,

I recommend getting a domain pointed to your account and then testing again. You may have issues if you’re using the temporary URL to test protected videos hosted on Amazon S3.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 5th, 2012 at 2:40 pm #24187
Susan Leinen

Thanks, Raam,
You were right, as soon as I pointed a real domain to the site, the player worked fine.
The player on the home page is working (once signed in) to grab a video from the cloud front and show it.
I also installed the jw player plugin and put it on the “My Player Page” and I’ve been trying to use that to load the same video from Cloudfront but have been unable to configure that properly. http://susanleinendesign.com/my-player-page/ (Login as “tester” “test”)

Can you point me to how to do that? I’d like to be able to use the JW player plugin so that it is easier for my client to add videos to the Amazon S3 bucket and then to the playlist using the media library without having to get into the code on the page. This should be possible, right?

Is is possible to have protected and unprotected videos in the same playlist? (so that users who aren’t yet members can see the free ones, but not view the protected ones?)
Thanks,
Susan

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 2:12 am #24467
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Susan,

Have you seen the documentation in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› JW Player® & RTMP Protocol Examples? Also there’s a video that may provide more information for your scenario.

Another s2Member user created a shortcode that makes inserting protected videos easier that you may want to try: Video Shortcode. He reported that it’s working with the “HD Player” plugin, so you might need to test with the JW Player Plugin that you’re using.

Also, I imagine having protected and unprotected videos in the same playlist should be fine, but you’d need to try it out to be sure.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.