latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon s3 Integration Problem

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon s3 Integration Problem

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Oct 28th, 2012 at 10:10 am #29961

Hi.

I just successfully integrated Amazon s3 for my video streaming to my site using s2 member plugin by following the tutorial video in s2 members area. s2 member successfully configured s3 CloudFront and I think that I have followed all the instructions correctly as instructed from the video tutorial. But when I made a preview of one my page I created, the output was this:

JW Player® appears here.
Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.

I can’t find any problem in the configuration and I believed that I have followed all the instructions correctly. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 3:59 am #30001

Hi Nathan.

Did you have this happen while logged in to your admin account?

If not, what level did the account you tried this with had? And what level is the file protected at?

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 4:43 am #30003

Thank you for reply.

I logged in as admin. The files are in my amazon s3 buckets. I just followed the video and uploaded the files without changing any permissions or anything for that matter. I also tried making the mp4 videos available to public but it also didn’t work.

Is there such thing as file access permissions in amazon?

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 6:22 am #30005
cassel
Username: cassel

Is there such thing as file access permissions in amazon?

I believe so. Go to your bucket, select the file and choose Properties. At the bottom, under the tab Permissions, add one for “everyone” to “Open/Download”.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 6:32 am #30006

thanks cassel for the information. I did that too. But I guess I cannot I preferred it to be private because as I understand, s2member is already configured to have access with the files even if it is not set to public. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 8:25 am #30012
cassel

You can protect the videos on your site, with conditionals so only those with the proper permission would be able to access them, even if they are set to “public” in S3. That is what i have on my site as all my videos (and some huge zip files) are hosted on AmazonS3 and almost all of them are protected with conditionals.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 8:34 am #30014

Thanks cassel. Yes I was thinking that It would be fine to make it public as long as S2member will keep the origin path hidden. But the problem that I am having now is that, even if the files are set to public, I still cannot access the files with s2member. The above problem I had is with Video Streaming and when I tried with downloading of files, here is what I got:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

NoSuchKey

The specified key does not exist.video1.mp42006EF6189B72E06tT9bBITGXmVQsmyU9Da8vB0FApPpcy7uMjsH2JNfS35gsyl/J+Zd6IPOwupzP7ij

Please help anyone?

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 9:05 am #30015
cassel

Unfortunately, i dont have an answer for that. I am using EVP2 as a way to get my videos from my computer to S3, and then generate the code to put in my page. The permission is set automatically for me. Hopefully, a tech person can clarify further.
Good luck.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 9:29 am #30016

Thanks Cassel. I just hope that someone can help me with this problem.

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:25 pm #30162

I see. As admin, s2Member won’t restrict access to anything, so the problem seems to be in your Amazon integration.

Nathan, did you double-check that your Amazon integration is properly configured? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CDN Storage[/hilite]

Are you using CloudFront too? If so, please check the integration for that too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage[/hilite]

Let me know how it goes, please. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.