latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Amazon S3 mp4 broken after move to bluehost

Home Forums Community Forum Amazon S3 mp4 broken after move to bluehost

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  DrByte 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 4:16 pm #17404

I just moved my site ErichSchiffmann.com from Godaddy to Bluehost ( nightmare in itself). Everything is finally working other than the 2 BIG problems of:

1. playing .mp4 & .mp3 files on Amazon S3 Storage (these are S3 hosted as mob rewrite below indicates). The error that now comes up is “Video not found or access denied://erichschiffmann.com/”

2. playing .mp4 & .mp3 files in from member files hosted secure locally (s2member-files folder). Although it worked perfectly before the move now since the host server movie it is now throwing an access ERROR# 2032 on first click then playing fine on second click. (these are local host)

note: all other unprotected media video audio embedded local all is playing fine:
http://erichschiffmann.com/erich-feathered-pipe-ranch-july-2012/

ISSUE 1

Video not found or access denied://erichschiffmann.com/

Here is the mob rewrite which was working pryer to the host server move. In fact everything worked great.

http://erichschiffmann.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/s2member-skip-confirmation-no/s2member-file-remote/s2member-file-storage-s3/access-s2member-level2/Y_Yoga_Movie_640x360.mp4

I also tried to put the mob rewrite URL directly into the browser and although it worked before it doesn’t even ask for authorization ANYMORE

ISSUE 2

Additionally when i click to play the mp3 which are housed in the secure /s2member-files/ folder in /member access sub folders. I get Error #2032 the first time i click play and then it plays fine if i click a second time..

… Any thoughts about settings that need updating on either Amazon S3 or in the s2member panel or anywhere else? Love s2member when everything is working (which is happily most of the time)

has anything changed with S3 or s2member or that i need to update since moving site; at Amazon S3 or at s2member in control panel to allow this to work AGAIN?

Thank u again for doing all that you all do!

in Love Light & Peace,
Arthur

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Arthur Klein.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 7:45 pm #17430
DrByte
Username: DrByte

HI,

Check your .htaccess file. There must be something in there that you left behind.

Did you flush the permalinks? Try that..

After upgrading S2m, Advance URL structure in some hosts does not work. Try the default first

Sam

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:46 pm #17449

DrByte,

ty for your quick response….

Actually more info to report…

pretty sure i flushed permalinks changing on Settings-Permalink first to default then back to month and name. Then Cleared Cache… is there someplace else to flush (in s2member or somewhere else)?

The files that are in local s2member-files folder after initially coming up with ERROR# 2032 will load and play inline in JPlayer no problem …. but it takes 2 – 3 clicks for it to cycle through ERROR# 2032…

Also contacted amazon and everything is fine on their end no changes. But Links will not Authorize at all since move. It didn’t even authorize command line in browser and now i have gotten it to play a few times but not consistently… I can send a copy of the .htaccess files if that would help… i am flummoxed.

this is the only site that i have that is making any income… ty for your help… also let me know if you need login to observe issues.

Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:57 pm #17450
DrByte

Can you send a link to a page that host one of your media files.

No need to post your .htaccess

Sam

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:10 am #17452

thank you… Dr

here is a link to page use login BlueD pw 1234 for access. Dont worry i will change this s2member login once we figure this out

Try these two links first click wait till you see error and then click slowly one or two or three more times and watch load.

http://erichschiffmann.com/2012/06/love-is-my-religion-venice-class-june-7-2012/

http://erichschiffmann.com/2012/05/premium-gift-blue-indigo-members-may-2012/

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:16 am #17453
DrByte

Hi

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

Try to clear it

Sam

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:38 am #17454

it was s2members restriction i have reset!!!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:06 am #17459

any thoughts?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:09 am #17460
DrByte

Ok, Thanks

http://erichschiffmann.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/s2member-skip-confirmation-no/s2member-file-remote/s2member-file-storage-s3/access-s2member-level2/Y_Yoga_Movie_640x360.mp4

is giving me 500 server error.

Using:

erichschiffmann.com/?s2member_file_download=Y_Yoga_Movie_640x360.mp4

it gives me

NoSuchKey

The specified key does not exist.Y_Yoga_Movie_640x360.mp4E2F6A81ADFCC88B1ujIUFv0YsU06GdqUI5ss4YHzrca0COdNyCeuCpBVbpCuWWEhVb9Rp2jceiPrAfEb

Make sure you have a valid key
http://es-s2member-files.s3.amazonaws.com

Are you using cloudfront or just S3?

The first error (click couple of times for the movie to start) ..It has to do something with JW Player WordPress Plugin installed.. Try the default player and see if the multi click error gores away.

Here a post that might help you
http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forums/jw-player/setup-issues-and-embedding/21793/error-2032-mp3

Sam

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:14 am #17461
DrByte

One more thing

is your relative path on the new host the same as the old host?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:16 am #17462

This is Amazon S3… i spoke to them today and they said it was s2member issue not them… and they say that the Amazon Access Key and Secret Access Key look fine.

I checked and
Amazon says key is good and it does authorize intermittently…

Did you get the audio to play after a few attempts seeing 2032?

why would the jplayer issue only show up on Bluehost it worked just fine before the move from Godaddy to Bluehost.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:20 am #17464

it is in a different root directory

used to be
Godaddy
http://freedomstyleyoga.com/erichschiffmann.com

now
Bluehost
http://moviingintostillness.com/erichschiffmann.com

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:41 am #17469
DrByte

OK,

Amazon keys and setup might be fine at AWS side, but It might not be configured correctly at the S2M side. I know AWS gives you 2 access keys..try to generate a new one and used it instead of the old one you have now on your site (S2M setup)

Did you just copy your files/database from GoDaddy to Bluehost as is? I mean by relative path something like this /home/user/www/

Yes, mp3 plays after couple of clicks..But I am sure it has to do with JW Player plugin setup and bluehost. When you just have one mp3 instead of a playlist, will it do the same?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:51 am #17472

This Mob-Rewrite worked in all browsers and android phone firefox before move to Bluehost and would do remote authorization if you weren’t signed on and now in a browser it pulls a 500 Server error… this is without even touching the site except for authorization…. this is now broken and nothing else has changed….

as far as MySql migration… I backed up at godaddy, Bluehost talked me through Database creation on their server and then we imported from Godaddy backup… with no errors.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:03 am #17475
DrByte

I see,

can you check and see if you have .htaccess under the plugin directory /s2member-files

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:34 am #17479

TY so much for your help and patience… I am totally in gratitude for your kindness and grasp of the issue…

yes there is a .htaccess i can paste it here if it is safe to do….

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:04 am #17483
DrByte

You are welcome..NP at all

For some reason this works fine:

after reloading the url couple of times

Something wrong with the JW Player Plugin you are using..Did you upgrade it lately? I know they just released a new version..It might be it..Try reloading an older version of this plugin and see if that’s the problem.

If not, then it has to do something with the bluehost config setup. There may be a hook to by-pass some host restrictions. It would be a good idea to email Jason and see what he says. (S2M Support)

Sam

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  DrByte.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:12 am #17486

i know both links are working in browser now not sure why… just before they were both pulling 500 errors. Could this be that i just moved and only switched nameservers about 18 hours ago? Also where can i email Jason and should i send him this thread or something more?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:21 am #17488
DrByte

It might be, usually it takes about 24 to 48 hours for the setup to complete. I sujest to wait a day and try again.

He can be reached at http://www.s2member.com/contact/

Best

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 3:23 am #17489

ty a pleasure to meet.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 11:59 am #17555

Good morning Sam

Great suggestion to contact Jason; But I have found no way to get any message to him. Can i ask a favor that if you have the access that as a favor you can forward this thread… I hope the site starts to generate enough cashflow so we can move to pay version but that isn’t and option at the moment and hard to justify when product is having issues that are systemic to a server install on a large hosting company “BlueHost”

If not, then it has to do something with the bluehost config setup. There may be a hook to by-pass some host restrictions. It would be a good idea to email Jason and see what he says. (S2M Support)

TY again,
arthur

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 12:37 pm #17556

this problem has finally been sent to BlueHost to Scripting Support. Please leave a note here if anyone out there who has an idea of what we are looking for…
ty
Arthur

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:00 pm #17558
DrByte

Hi Arthur,

Give Jason some time…he might be busy trying to get an update or new a version of S2.

You might want to try the JW Player Examples in the download section of S2M, just to see if the problem goes away.

Other than that, not sure if your host setup is a mix of www and http. You can’t mix as you will get errors using S2m

Your host server might be limited in memory or it might be miss configured to work correctly with WordPress and S2

I might suggest changing host companies. Never dealt with Bluehost, but been using Certified Hosting Solutions for many years now, they are great and they give you lots of stuff including much more server resources than the others.

When a hosting company advertise (unlimited everything) It does NOT include server resources (CUP, Memory, …)
Plus with Certified Hosting Solutions, you can pay a little extra and get a protection against high server load. Meaning, they will not terminate your account if you go above the limits.

THAT’S OFF COURSE IF YOUR PROBLEM DOES NOT GO AWAY

You might also ask the host if the DNS transfer is complete. I keep my domain and hosting apart.

Sam

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #17559

TY

just out of curiosity do you know what this would do in an htacccess file?

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]

i found it in my htaccess file… i know i didn’t put it there intentionally… any thoughts just seems odd…

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:11 pm #17583

Everything seems to be working not sure what fixed everything but this is the final .htaccess & php5.ini that works at bluehost… i knitted together by searching all of the different users out their… thank you for your help truly from a newbee.

Also it would be great in the future if the mob rewrite when failed doesn’t show actual mob-rewrite link in the browser player window… not good to reveal path and actual short code…don’t you think?

ty u all

.htaccess

# BEGIN s2Member GZIP exclusions
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	RewriteBase /
	RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|\?|&)s2member_file_download\=.+
	RewriteRule .* - [E=no-gzip:1]
</IfModule>
# END s2Member GZIP exclusions

# BEGIN MOD SEC ref
<ifmodule mod_security.c>
<files async-upload.php>
	SecFilterEngine Off
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</files>
</ifmodule>
# END MOD SEC ref

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
# BAD LINE DISCOVERED 2012-06-26 RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

# <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
# RewriteEngine On
# RewriteBase /
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
# </IfModule>

php5.ini

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = on

post_max_size = 192M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 192M
memory_limit = 128M  ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
upload_max_filesize = 192M

magic_quotes_gpc = off
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 5:24 pm #17585

I Would love to know what i did right if anyone knows since i want to become better at this stuff and i am to dumb to figure it out… I guess just good old dumb luck… PS s2member tribe is the best. I am looking forward to upgrading to full product soon.

thank you Sam & Jason

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.