latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

American cards OK, foreign cards get error

Home Forums Community Forum American cards OK, foreign cards get error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 8th, 2012 at 7:01 pm #21556
Nordin Chena
Username: Nordino

Hi

I am trying to configure s2member pro on my site http://www.newutd.no. I have a “Bli medlem” (become a member) link on the home page, where I have a PayPal Pro Form signup.

I have tried with two different American credit cards, and they both work fine. User is registred, amount is charged, and a confirmation is sent out to both me and the registred user.

The problem is that I am Norwegian, and so are my customers. All the five cards (three different persons) we have tried have been blocked, most of them getting the following message:

Error #81247. Invalid Parameter. CreditCardType : Invalid Parameter.

This message shows up on my site, not on PayPal, and prevents the user from paying and registring.

Is there a setting that I have to edit in order to receive payments from Norway? I have had Paypal working with an e-commerce plugin for over a year, so I dont know why this is happening now.

Any idea?

I also wonder where it is possible to translate all the fields in the registration form?

Thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 7:56 am #21615
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Nordin,

Since you’re using PayPal Pro, this is most likely an error coming from PayPal that s2Member is simply passing through to your site. On s2Member’s side, there isn’t anything in different that you need to do for foreign payments.

Regarding translations, please see Pre Sale FAQs » Can s2Member® be translated into other languages? and also front-end translations.

Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 3:18 pm #21783
Nordin Chena
Username: Nordino

I am actually not using Paypal Pro, just the standard version. Maybe that is the issue? It works fine with payments through my webshop.

Posted: Saturday Aug 11th, 2012 at 11:46 pm #21800
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

If you’re using the standard version of PayPal, you cannot use the on-site credit card processing feature of the Pro-Forms. Please see the note “*PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required*” under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Quick Start Guide.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.