latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

any installation support – too many errrors

Home Forums Community Forum any installation support – too many errrors

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:59 am #21117
Juan G
Username: juang

We were exited to find s2member and were ready to purchase the pro module to be used on two premium video member sites but we have experienced so many problems that the test installation has completely stopped working.

Problem with protecting playing protected video files with jwplayer and s2members.

With no jwplugin installed and local protected folder.

1. when trying to view the demo video.mp4 on the local (not amazon) protected directory the file does not play on iOS devices. The video plays on the desktop browser but I get a “The video could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported. http://mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/video.mp4

2. I have followed the video tutorial about the installation of jwplayer and confirmed that jwplayer can play the video on iOS devices while that video is not protected in the local s2member directory.

3. I have deleted s2member and done a new install, have turned off all plugins and have installed exec-php and raw html.

with no jwplugin installed and amazon s3 / cloudfront

1. bucket created all lower case letters, no numbers, dashes or special characters.

2. bucket name, access and secret keys added correctly.

3. jwplayer works on firefox but does not display on iOS or on safari.

4. remove the amazon s3 option and video in jwplayer gives error “video not found or access denied: /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/video.mp4”. Now videos wont play regardless of s3 or local settings applied

trying to set up with s3 and cloud front and get the error
1. “Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 400. Error Message: Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Unable to create Amazon® CloudFront Origin Access Identity. Bad Request”

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:36 pm #21295
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Juan,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having so much trouble. We do offer installation support for users of s2Member Pro, however support is limited for users of the free version of the plugin.

The first thing I recommend doing is making sure there is nothing wrong with your server environment. Please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.