latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

as to member coupon code question?

Home Forums Community Forum as to member coupon code question?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 2:44 pm #49499

I am presently using S2 member for one of our membership sites and as discussed here in the forum of already, and as we all know there are problems with being able to accept coupon codes to allow members to the site without paying or that is 100% free access.

I have come across a plug-in that partly does what I want to do however the issue remains on how to allow people to register or login to the site without being authenticated by the payment process, PayPal pro.
the name of the plug-in that I have found is called “participants database” and it is quite good as it has CSV importation system as well as a full database set up that will support all the registrations and sign-ups of the members using coupon codes, or any desired field.

My question is, is there a way to allow people access to a membership site running S2 member, without having to go to the as to member registration form that takes come to PayPal?

I know that perhaps I can use open registration but that would leave my site open to everyone. Are there any customization codes within your plug-in that would allow me to do this?

I also wanted to ask you why when I manually register a user in WordPress under users that user cannot openly access the membership site? I tried doing this the other day and the user could not see the content that is being protected by the plug-in. They could login but could not access all the pages in the membership site.

Why is this and is there a way to make manually entered users and users option to have full access to the membership pages?

Please let me know if you can offer any tips or solutions on how to do this.

Thank you,

Marco

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 12:56 am #49552
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I know that perhaps I can use open registration but that would leave my site open to everyone. Are there any customization codes within your plug-in that would allow me to do this?

You can use these links to allow Users to access your site for free:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links

I also wanted to ask you why when I manually register a user in WordPress under users that user cannot openly access the membership site? I tried doing this the other day and the user could not see the content that is being protected by the plug-in. They could login but could not access all the pages in the membership site.

That’s interesting s2Member doesn’t discriminate between manually-created Users and Users that are processed through a payment gateway. Could we take a look at this? You can send Dashboard information privately here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 8:27 pm #49648

hi Bruce,
thank you for your response to my question. I have created the PayPal Pro form link as you showed above however when I click on that custom link for the registration page it takes me to a registration form that has the same look as the login form.

Is there a way to customize this custom registration link so that it looks like a regular WordPress page?

Here is the link to the site so you can have a look if you need to:http://yogameditationcourse.com/members/wp-admin

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Thank you.
Mark

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 9:06 pm #49649

Hi Bruce,

i have another question about the free sign up form. where is the code section that displays “Signup now, it’s Free!”.

I want to remove this title. what is the best way of doing this? here is the page:
http://yogameditationcourse.com/members/voucher-registration

thanks very much again,

Marco

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 12:45 am #49719

i have another question about the free sign up form. where is the code section that displays “Signup now, it’s Free!”.

You can change it in the description attribute of the pro-form’s shortcode. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> desc[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 11:57 pm #49987

hi Cristián,

thank you for the reply. is there a way to redirect to a success url when using custom registration links within s2 member?

i have created a custom reg link for members to sign up without paypal but wanted to redirect to a custom page after sign up.

please let me know.

thank you.

marco

Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 9:21 pm #50512

If you’re using the free registration pro-form, you can add the success attribute for the redirection after registration. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.