latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Assign IP to user

Home Forums Community Forum Assign IP to user

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 1:04 am #28964
aus_team
Username: austeam

Hi,

Is it possible to assign IP to user to allow the user login from that IP only?

I am planning to allow one IP to users but there are times that user will move legitimately and therefore IP will change. When it happens, I want to allow that access on the new IP and remove access from previous IP

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 10:09 am #29014

Assigning a particular IP to the user isn’t available in s2Member, but there’s the Unique IP restriction. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions[/hilite]

You can set the restriction to just 1 IP, which will be whichever the user has the first time, and any other IP would trigger the restriction, until the restriction’s limit expires or you reset it in his profile.

If you still want to set the specific IP he can have, then you’ll need to find a plugin that allows that control.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 11:59 am #29039
aus_team
Username: austeam

Thanks for the reply but it doesn’t help.

so it seems to me that a legit user can only use his account whenever he registers. so if user registers from office, he wont be able to use his account at home. is this how it works?

is there at least a way to expire the IP at will. so if the user reports that he cant log in, I can at least set the first IP to expire and allow the user to log in.

Do you have acceptable way to ensure legit user logs in without problem and keep credential sharing detectable?

thanks

Posted: Saturday Oct 20th, 2012 at 12:42 am #29101
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

To reset the IP restrictions for a particular user, you can edit the user (Dashboard -> Users -> Edit) and then check the box that says Reset IP Restrictions and click the Update User button at the bottom.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.